Within Uganda, Palabek, Lamwo, East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in 26 countries including Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, the United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to respond to human suffering and graduate communities from extreme poverty. In Uganda, FH is operational in the communities of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
FH Uganda is actively seeking qualified candidates who are committed to its Heartbeat and Corporate Strategy to fill the career openings in the WFP Nutritional project in Palabek Lamwo
Job Title: Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) Assistant (10)
Location: Palabek, Lamwo
Reports To: Nutrition Officer
Contract Length: Two Years- with the possibility of extension
Start Date: January 2020.
• The Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) Assistant will be based in Palabek, Lamwo and work under the supervision of the Nutrition Officer.
• The IYCF Assistant will support the Nutrition Officer in conducting rapid/detailed assessment of infant and young child feeding practices in mothers/caregivers at mobile clinics.
• He/she will support the Nutrition Officer in providing personalized IYCF counseling sessions to pregnant women for the preparation of breastfeeding and colostrum feeding and all mothers with children under 24 months.
• Directly implement the activities defined in the program in close collaboration with the Nutrition officer
• Facilitate community mobilization, sensitization meetings, and training during community led IYCF activities.
• Support the formation of Mother to Mother Support groups in the implementing communities.
• Work closely within community structures to follow up on the implementation of Infant Young Child Feeding (IYCF) activities with support from the nutrition officer.
• Implement sensitization activities for targeted communities about IYCF with support from MOH, community leaders and other key stakeholders at cluster level
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Have a minimum of Diploma in Health, Nutrition, Nursing or related field.
• Have related working experience in humanitarian contexts (conflict/insecure contexts) preferably.
• Have the ability and willingness to frequently travel to villages and stay at the field
• Have the ability to work in an environment where there are physical discomforts associated with a change in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust or dirt
• Be professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
• Must have motorcycle riding skills with a valid and clean permit and be willing to access communities by motorcycle
Job Education Requirements: Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Complete Job Descriptions are available by contacting email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
FHU is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting only electronic copies of not more than 2MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager, Food for Hungry Uganda
Email: email@example.com not later than December 10th, 2019 at 4:30 pm.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from FH by 15th January 2020. FHU has a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign