The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment, Global Health Security, Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAPcertified IDI Core Lab) and Outreach.
Job Title : District Community Linkages Officer (2)
Vacancy Code : DCLOX01
Classification : Full time
Reporting : Field Office Coordinator
Duty Station : Arua and Koboko Office
The Community Linkages Officer is responsible for working with the health facilities and community structures to contribute to improved linkages along the continuum of care and improved retention of all HIV positive clients at IDI supported health facilities. He/she will coordinate activities to support intra/ inter facility linkages and facility –community linkages and CBO engagements in the district..
Responsibilities: The listed responsibilities will be conducted within the field office
1) Coordinating linkages for PLHIV to
• care at IDI supported hospitals
• other facilities
• other support services
2) Organizing inter-facility meetings
3) To promote real time follow up for
• Missed appointments
• Those eligible for ART initiation
• Critical patients
4) Proactive follow up of clients
• 12 months on ART cohort
• for TB treatment completion
• PMTCT mothers and children attending EID clinics
5) Documentation of follow up outcomes in HMIS tools
6) Strengthening liaison between the hospital CHD and the HIV service units
7) Coordination of peer support activities
8) Support timely reporting of follow up outcomes by HIV service units
9) Establish and functionalize community differentiated care models in the project catchment area
10) Coordinate all community level project supported activities and partners (e.g. CBOs, PLHIV networks, Community dialogue meetings etc.)
11) Provide direct technical leadership and assistance to sub granted CBO’s during activity implementation
• Bachelor’s degree in Social work and social administration or a medical related field with medical training
• Post graduate training in HIV/AIDS and Experience in the field of HIV/AIDS and previous work with PEPFAR funded projects.
• Post graduate diploma in project planning and management is an added advantage
Job Qualifications Requirements: Not Specified
Required experience and skills
• At least 2-years in service post internship in a busy HIV/AIDS clinical setting.
• Relevant experience working with CBO’s/CSO’s
• Training in Differentiated service delivery models
• Technical Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and ART
• Communication skills (both oral and written)
• Team work skills.
• Ability to ride a motorcycle with class A riding permit
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Job application procedure
IDI will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, please send their CVs, which should include details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 27th, October 2019. (Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s save the environment).
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
3. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached
as one document
4. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email
5. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute – IDI Knowledge Centre,
Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda