Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is part of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF-DWS), an international humanitarian and development agency.
LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF, Lamwo Sub Program seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative humanitarian / social and or community workers for the following vacancy.
Project Assistant-GBV- 02 positions
Directly reports to-Protection Officer
Responsible for- Community Based Facilitator (CBF) structures.
Location-Palabek Settlement Lamwo District
Under the guidance of the Project Officer, the Project Assistant is responsible for the day to day general implementation of Gender Based Violence (GBV) cases within the settlements and host communities. .
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist the project Officer in identifying GBV/SGBV cases and promote active participation of beneficiaries and intermediates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the project activities
• ln collaboration with the project officer, provide guidance to community structures to report cases of GBV/SGBV.
• Provides Basic psychosocial support for survivors of gender-based violence and human rights Violations;
• Liase with the project officer, legal Officer and Lawyers to facilitates legal representation to complainants as necessary especially in regard to mobilization;
• Participates in the coordination meetings on GBV, partakes in SGBV training in the identification of survivors, assesses victims and provides medical care support where necessary and makes appropriate referrals;
• Ensuring timely and prompt case follow up of all GBV cases,
• Using participatory, methods, identifies and engages key stake holders in promoting active community participation in prevention and responses to SGBV;
• Trains Community structures and stakeholders on GBV prevent on and response SASA Methodology.
• Collect and tabulate field data on project activities carried on a regular basis and undertake impact assessment using participatory approaches for all beneficiaries to determine the relevance and impact of the assistance offered
• Ensure all survivors received appropriate services depending on the clients need
• Ensure Adherence to the principle of confidentiality and dignity
• Ensure that weekly reports and monthly reports are submitted to the responsible officer within the specified time.
• Ensure that all activities have approved work plan.
• Ensure that all work plan is submitted to the project Officer in time.
• Ensure that all community-based facilitators comply with LWF code of conduct and the child protection policy.
• Report issues that affects the community Based facilitators to the Settlement Officer.
• Ensure correct documentation of complaints tools e.g. Attendance list, Distribution list, beneficiaries list and ensure proper filing of project documents.
Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
• Conduct regular field Visits to all beneficiaries site where project activities are under taken, check on progress and verify existing caseloads needs, document challenges on deliveries and utilizations of protection inputs in line with project objectives.
• Documentation of story of change on a quarterly basis.
• Develop project monitoring plans to ensure that project activities are implemented as per the expectation.
• Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor
Special Skills, Aptitude or personality Requirements:
• Problem Solving and Decision-Making skills
• Ability to inspire and build capacity of national staff
• Good interpersonal skills and excellent negotiation skills
• Excellent English language (both written and spoken):
• information Technology (Ms Office, internet)
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Good team worker with good communication skills
• Ability to exercise sound, judgment, to remain flexible to a changing environment, and to make decisions independently
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required
• University Degree in Gender and Women Studies, Social work, Social Sciences, Development or other relevant field of Study:
• At least 2 years’ experience in Project Management Community Development programming
• Proven knowledge and experience in developing and implementing community mobilization projects.
Job Education Requirements: Degree in Gender and Women Studies
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Job application procedure
Terms of Conditions
The successful applicant will Serve for the period indicated above with a possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Starting Date: immediate
Applications and detailed CV must include email address and telephone contacts of 3 referees. Hard copies should be submitted during working days, Monday to Friday (8:00am to 5:00pm) addressed to the Administrive/HR Officer, LWF Lamwo Sub Program and reach by close of business on 25th January 2020.
Please deliver at our Subprogram office in Lamwo-Palabek Kal.
LWF/DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, or religious affiliation. Female candidates possessing the above requirements are encouraged to apply. LWF/DWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries, Knowledge of the local
Language is a MUST and a VALID Ridding permit for all the Project Assistant position and valid driver permit for Driver Position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted