Directorate E-GOVERNMENT SERVICES
Department BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION
Reporting to SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST
Salary Grade N5
Jobs that report to this role
To develop or enhance e-Government solutions and/or systems interfaces and actively participate in implementation and testing, all with the aim of improving Government efficiency, decision making and productivity to improve service delivery to citizens.
• Design and develop application interfaces and software services emphasizing the ‘reuse’ principle in consideration of future integration with other applications
• Support establishment, maintenance and management of Government websites, portals and other web based tools including mobile. This will include promoting usage through capacity building and training.
• Provide application design recommendations to internal technical teams based on long-term IT organizational business objectives.
• Perform assessment of internal work processes and automate the flow of selected internal processes.
• Develop clear and detailed programming instructions/code to solve organization/ business problems through automation support or business process re-engineering
• Review source code and application architecture done by external consultants to ensure adherence to good programming practices.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering or its equivalent from a recognised university
• Understanding of web design frameworks/patterns such as DJANGO, CODEIGNITER, LARAVEL, DRUPAL as well as security, session management, and best development practices is required
• Knowledge of software version control platforms such as Git, Bit bucket is required.
• Understanding of Object Oriented Design principles using any of the following programming languages: Python, PHP, C#, Java or Ruby.
• Ability to develop and deploy applications cloud platforms such as Amazon, Azure, Google etc.
• Professional/ Industry IT Certification in programming or database development is an added advantage.
• At least three (3) years experience in developing portals/websites using proprietary and open source tools for multiple platforms;
• Demonstrate experience in graphic design applications and Macromedia Flash
• Demonstrate hands-on development and delivery of agile web-based applications;
• Demonstrate proficiency with content management systems and databases;
Nature and Scope
Interpersonal Skills –
• Should be innovative, detail‐oriented and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form (which can be downloaded from the NITA-U official website https://www.nita.go.ug/job%20application%20form ), with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: email@example.com
The deadline for applications for the positions is 13th June 2022 (Not later than 1700 hrs. Local Time). No application will be accepted without a duly completed and signed standard application form (referred to above).
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Any form of solicitation, influence peddling and or any other “backdoor” attempt, of whatsoever nature, to influence the selection process in ones favour, will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate without any recourse.