PHARMACY TECH (3 positions).
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire 3 suitable candidates
for the position of PHARMACY TECHNICIAN for a new project called the TB Screening Improves Preventive Therapy Uptake (TB SCRIPT) Trial. This is a Kampala based position. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintaining study drug management system in place including study product receipt, control and strict accountability;
• Maintaining strict accountability for receipt and disposition of all study drugs;
• Ensuring proper storage condition of study drugs;
• Monitor expiration dates of study drugs, remove from stock any expired drugs and maintain documentation of such actions;
• Conduct monthly physical inventories of study drug;
• Receiving, verifying and filling the orders for study drugs from the clinics.
• Ensuring adequate stock of study drugs at the clinic.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date pharmacy files.
• Maintain a buffer drug management system including projection of need,ordering, receipt, control and strict accountability.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with the rest of the study team.
• Prepare a weekly work plan/work schedule
Required qualifications and other desirables for the job:
• Diploma in Pharmacy.
• Prior experience working as a Pharm Tech on trials and/or longitudinal studies
• Good working knowledge of TB and HIV care and treatment
• Fluency in Luganda.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Demonstrate experience with management of study data.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under stringent deadlines and to work independently
• Excellent attention to detail
Job Education Requirements: Diploma in Pharmacy
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Applications should be delivered to:
The Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC),
Plot 2C, Nakasero Hill Road next to Uganda Blood Bank.
P. O Box 7475 Kampala, Uganda. This advert can also be found on
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT COMMENTS:
1. All applications must be delivered on or before 5:00pm, Wednesday 16th October 2019
2. All applications must be accompanied by the following at the time of submission: Current CV, typed application letter, the contact details of three work related referees not relatives and copies of academic certificates.
3. Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
4. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
5. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.
6. IDRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process neither does it use the services of any recruitment agencies.