BRAC is a global leader in creating large-scale opportunities for the poor. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, it is now one of the world’s largest development organizations, touching the lives of an estimated 138 million people in 11 countries across Asia and Africa. For more information please visit BRAC’s website, www.brac.net . BRAC Uganda invites suitably qualiﬁed Ugandans to ﬁll up the following available vacant position.
BRAC Uganda Health Program
The health Program in Uganda began in 2008 to ensure that people living in poverty can access quality, affordable health services. The goal of the BRAC health program is to improve maternal health and reduce under-5 child morbidity and mortality.
BRAC Uganda through its health program will be implementing a USAID funded Health Systems Strengthening Activity in 60 districts of Uganda. The purpose of the Uganda Health Systems Strengthening (UHSS) activity is to strengthen Uganda’s health system through technical assistance that will improve leadership era accountability for results in public and private health sectors at national, sub-national, and community levels; implement innovative interventions that increase efﬁcient use, governance, and management of key health system resources including human resources for health, ﬁnance, equipment I infrastructure; and strengthen state and no state community health systems that are critical for improved quality of health services.
Job Title: Regional Coordinators.
Location: Field based (Regional offices)..
Core roles and Responsibilities.
• Provide technical support to other cadres in the BRAC health program and the distncts of operation.
• Work closely with other UHSS consortium partners as an active member of the integrated District Teams to achieve the targets of the UHSS.
• Participate in all planned activities, which may change from time to time in the districts.
• Adequate and meaningful representation of BRAC and UHSS at all districts and sub-district levels in area of implementation.
• Provide mentorship coaching & necessary support to Area Health Coordinators, Project Ofﬁcers, and Community Health Workers
• Safeguarding roles
a. Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safe guarding for establishing a safe working environment
b. Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safe guarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
c. Follow the sate guarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Required Qualiﬁcations and Skills.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in health related ﬁelds (preferred ﬁeld Nursing, public health and Clinical Medicine & community health) or Social Sciences ﬁeld with experience in health related programming.
• 2-3 years health related experience in direct Community Health work. Previous experience with BRAC is an added advantage.
• Understanding of the District Health System is an important and string attribute.
• Should possess good interpersonal, supervisory and mentorship skills to mobilize & inspire trust among team members as well as the community to drive performances on health and sales
• Good communication skills, computer skills (MS ofﬁce proﬁciency), Report writing planning and analytical skills are a must
• Willingness to work in rural setting with frequent travels.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2-3 years
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their Application (addressed to the Manager, HR & Training) & CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly. Only complete applications will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application deadline: Friday 08th November, 2019. BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment.