National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries its mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda, wishes to recruit the following:
6. Job Title: Senior Farm Manager
No. of Vacancy: 05
Location: Centre Farms
Reporting To: Technical Manager Production
Overall Job Purpose
To manage optimal performance and productivity of the Centre Farm .
• Plans and budgets for the operations of the Centre and ensures their effective implementation.
• Manages and accounts for the human, fiscal and physical assets of the Centre Farm.
• Supervises monitors and evaluates the performance of the Centre Farm in respect to set targets including production and breeding programs.
• Centre Farm in respect to set targets including production and breeding programs.
• Prepares and submits periodic reports on the performance of the farm including Supervises, mentors and appraises technical staff and oversees the administration of all other staff.
• Initiates innovations to enhance the productive capability of the Centre Farm.
• Organizes and coordinates outreach activities to the farmers to enhance their productivity and get feedback on challenges they encounter.
• Enforces acceptable standards of production, breeding, health and safety on the Centre Farm.
• Liaises with the technical Units to procure, schedule preventive maintenance or repair farm machinery
• Maintains an inventory of the Centre Farm’s Asset including stock
• Undertakes any other official duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A degree in Veterinary Sciences, Animal Sciences with training in Farm Management.
• Should have a post-graduate Diploma in Animal Breeding, production, animal health, Farm Management or related discipline from a recognized institution.
• Should have broad knowledge of records management as farm activities involve a lot of records keeping Should have broad knowledge of project planning and management.
• Should have the ability to work with and supervise multidisciplinary teams.
• Working experience of at least four (5) years with a practical exposure to farm operations is a prerequisite.
Starting date: Immediately
Age Limit: 30-55 Years
Duration of commitment: 3 years Contract
Salary Expectation: Attractive
Job Education: degree in Veterinary Sciences
Job Experience: four (5) years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Closing date 6 May, 2020
All CV, applications and testimonials (including 3 work references) should be sent to:
The Executive Director
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre & Data Bank,
P.O. Box 183 Nsamizi Road, Entebbe
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Dr. Charles Lagu, PhD