About the Job
Makerere University seeks to fill the positions of Principal and Deputy Principal in the Colleges listed below. The Colleges of Makerere University are semi-autonomous academic units containing schools, institutes, and departments that carry out general and professional training and research in various disciplines. This advertisement is for the positions of:
Principal and Deputy Principal, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES)
Principal and Deputy Principal, College of Education and External Studies (CEES)
Principal and Deputy Principal, College of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Resources and Bio-Security (COVAB)
Principal and Deputy Principal, College of Natural Sciences (CONAS)
Principal and Deputy Principal, College of Computing and Information Sciences (COCIS)
Deputy Principal, College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHUSS)
Post: 6 Deputy Principals 6 Positions
The post of Deputy Principal is a Senior position in the University
The Deputy Principal deputises the Principal of a College and performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Principal in conformity with the laid down procedures of Makerere University.
Eligibility: The person eligible for appointment should possess the following attributes:
• Hold a PhD or other academic Doctorate;
• Be at least of the rank of Senior Lecturer or its equivalent at the time of application;
• Four (4) years managerial experience in an institution of higher learning or a research institution with a track record of having served at least as a Head of an academic department or an Academic Programmes Coordinator or a Research Project Manager;
• Teaching experience of at least five (5) years in any of the disciplines offered in the College he/she intends to lead;
• Applicants who are at the rank of Senior Lecturer should not be above 56 years at the time of application;
• Applicants who are at the rank of Associate Professor should not be above 61 years at the time of application;
• Applicants who are at the rank of Professor should not be above 66 years at the time of application;
• Applicants must have demonstrable experience in networking, research and resource mobilisation; and,
• Be a citizen of Uganda.
Tenure: The Deputy Principal is appointed to hold office for a term of four years.
Salary Scale: M4
Job application procedure
• Interested individuals should submit a letter of application accompanied with curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic credentials and naming three referees;
• Applicants should make sure that at least two referees have forwarded references concerning their application by the stated deadline;
• The deadline for submission of applications is 8th June 2021 at 5:00 p.m. East African time.
Applications should be submitted to:
The University Secretary Makerere University Central Teaching Facility 1, Study Room 4.1 P.O. Box 7062, Kampala – Uganda Or by email to: email@example.com