The hire will be responsible for 7-8 field staff. The primary role of the field staff is building relationships with clients and fulfilling duties that involve being a sales agent and loan officer. The hire will be reporting to the Pilot Lead.
The hire will be responsible for achieving set targets for the area that include both sales and client repayment behaviour. Additionally, the Area Coordinator is entrusted with developing a culture of ownership – where we own up to our failures and mistakes and learn from them, and transparency – where we speak out when stuck and reach out for help.
In addition, this is an opportunity to be part of a growing start-up with big ambitions and a dedicated team, but it also means that it’s a rapidly changing environment. The role will be based in Bugiri.
Key performance expectations:
i. Leadership & People Management
• Recruit, train, coach and support a team of group coordinators (role comprising of being a sales agent and loan officer) ensuring they reach their targets in their assigned territories, timely and accurate data collection and reporting as well as other administrative duties;
• Continually evaluate the team, conduct performance reviews, and develop internal training to strengthen knowledge and skills;
• Recruit and train group coordinators under the current curriculum in the area of your operation as and when required.
ii. Client Relationship Management
• Analyse company customer relations and how to improve service for current and new customers, as for us our customers are at the heart of our business;
• Travel frequently to the field to monitor activities and engage with customers.
iii. Operations and Administration
• Evaluate existing company processes and procedures and recommend improvements;
• Run the area office, including all administrative duties such as stock reconciliations, record keeping and reporting, overseeing staff expenses etc.
Who we are looking for:
• Minimum four (4) years’ work experience cumulatively – with at least two (2) years’ experience of managing a team of employees (not just casual workers); in addition to two (2) years’ work experience as loan officer or field officer working directly with clients in rural areas;
• You are a team player who leads by example and excellent at listening and building trust and long-lasting relationships with clients and within teams;
• You value ownership and freedom in exchange for accountability and responsibility;
• You are self-driven, highly organised and able to operate independently towards set targets;
• You uphold high levels of ethics and integrity;
• Degree in Business Studies, Rural Development or equivalent; Sales experience an advantage but not a must;
• Knowledge of local dialects is a strong advantage.
Our culture – We are the right organization for you if:
Remuneration & Application Process: