Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) is one of the national Assessment Boards in Uganda. This is a professional Examinations Board with the mandate to streamline, regulate, coordinate and conduct credible examinations and award Certificates and Diplomas in the Business, Technical and Vocational professions.
The Board therefore conducts Business, Technical and Vocational examinations, including Applied Science specialties such as Biological Sciences (Agricultural, Fisheries, Wildlife, Forestry, Bee keeping and other related fields), Physical Sciences (Meteorology, Surveys and Land Management, and other related fields), Cooperative, Social Development, Hotel, Catering and Tourism. UBTEB is committed to conduct quality applied knowledge and skills Examinations with an ultimate goal of enabling the students to access further upward academic progressions and employment in the world of work.
The Board emphasizes Integrity and transparency, Valid and Reliable Assessment, Commitment and Teamwork, Security and confidentiality, and Professionalism as the key guiding principles for building a strong organization.
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts in its establishment under the Directorates of Examinations Management and that of Finance, Human Resource and Administration. All applicants should be computer literate. The Board offers an attractive salary and benefit package to these positions.
Job Title: Assistant Assessment Officer Fashion and Design (1 Post)
Ref No: UBTEB/HRM-EXT/005/01/2021
Salary Scale: BTEB 6
Reports to: Assessment Officer, Automotive & Power Plant Engineering
Department: Technical, Agricultural and Biological Sciences
To implement assessment processes in Fashion & Design fields.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate and implement approved process and procedures in development, moderation, typing and proofreading of test items in the Fashion & Design fields and ensure they are conducted in line with rules and regulations;
• Implement the approved assessment syllabi, tools, manuals and guidelines in the Fashion & Design fields;
• Participate in verification of continuous assessment marks/results candidates in Fashion & Design fields;
• Gather all the necessary information and data in preparation and development of unit work plans, budgets and activity progress reports;
• Collect and critically analyse data for development of polices, manuals, standards, for the Fashion & Design fields;
• Provide all technical input in the process of registration of candidates (verification and enrolment), examination time-tables and circulars in the Fashion & Design fields;
• Participate in all approved activities of the department including marking exercise, supervision of examinations, inspection and monitoring of real life projects and industrial training for candidates in Fashion & Design fields;
• Collect Accurate data on institutions for accreditation as examination centres for Fashion & Design fields;
• Implement approved set standards and guidelines in execution of assessment processes;
• Collect all the data for the verification of continuous assessment marks/results candidates in Fashion & Design fields;
• Verify entry forms/candidates’ registration data, compute assessment fees and register candidates for Fashion & Design fields;
• Under take any other duties that may be assigned to him or her by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Working Experience
• An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in a Fashion & Design or Interior Design & Fine Art from a recognised institution;
• A National Diploma or an Ordinary diploma in Fashion & Design from a recognized institution;
• A National certificate or an advanced craft Certificate in Fashion & Design;
• A minimum of a Certificate in Technical/Vocational Teacher Education is a MUST;
• A minimum of one (1) year experience in teaching in a vocational/technical institution or in industry;
• 20 – 40 years of age at entry.
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills
• High level of integrity
• Computer skills
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Three sets of handwritten applications with detailed CVs and photocopies of Academic Certificates, Testimonials, Transcripts and/or Result slips; Three (3) most recent and clear passport size photographs, Names and addresses of two referees, A letter of recommendation from the current or most recent employer, telephone contacts and emails of both the applicant and the referees; should be submitted in sealed envelopes and hand delivered not later than 23rd January, 2021 at 5.00p.m to the address indicated below.
The Job title and Reference Number should be clearly written on the top left corner of the envelope. Applications should be addressed to; The Executive Secretary, Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board; Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda; P. O. Box 1499; Kampala – Uganda. Only successful applicants will be contacted.