DFCU Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the respective vacancy of Banking Officer- E Channels in our Chief Operating Office to support our expansion strategy.
REPORTING TO: Team Lead- E Channels Operations
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Team Lead- E Channels Operations, the role holder will be responsible for the daily processing of E-Channels back-office activities in line with operating guidelines as a means of contributing to quality service delivery. These activities include ATM Card production, Quick Banking onboarding, Superagency functions, Cheque Book, support on Money Transfer services, handling, and offsite ATM management.
• Receive, verify, acknowledge corporate customer Internet Banking / QuickBanking applications as per the guiding processes and procedures.
• Timely and accurately onboarding of customers on Quick / Internet Banking in the system within the agreed service level agreement. First time right principles.
• Follow through on the timely delivery of the Cheque production and Card production files for Cheque Books and ATM Cards, respectively.
• Track delivery of ATM cards, Cheque Books and PINs and keep the Business, and other stakeholders informed on the status.
• Receive and investigate queries that relate to E-Channels i.e. ATM Cards, PINs, QuickBanking, Super Agency, settlements, Cheque books, etc. and close them within the agreed timelines.
• Daily settlements for Money Transfers (and any other Money Transfer activities) i.e., Western Union, MoneyGram, Interswitch, VISA and Express Money and escalate any exceptions to the Team Leader E-Channels.
• Timely and accurate handling of superagency functions e.g. float distribution, queries handling, user sights issues, etc.
• Handling offsite ATMs with the related activities i.e. daily ATM account reconciliation, proper key and cash managements practices as per processes and policies, monitoring of ATMs’ uptime.
• Carry out due diligence checks on the integrity instructions from both the Branch and other channels and report any exceptions in a timely manner.
• Attend to E-Channels queries in a timely manner and provide an update to the stakeholders on the status.
• Timely processing of QuickBanking financial transactions (EFTs, TTs & RTGs) and reporting suspicious transactions as per AML/CFT definition of the same.
• Work with the service providers to enforce delivery of services as per their contracts and Bank’s service standards.
• Prevent operational losses and timely fraud detection.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required:
• University Bachelor’s Degree.
• One year’s banking experience.
• Must be able to handle multiple priorities and multi-task well to ensure accurate and timely completion of all tasks and projects.
• Knowledge and understanding of the back office operations, procedures and processes.
• The ability to identify and engage with all the key stakeholders in the organization.
• Ability to prioritize daily tasks.
• Ability to work with strict deadlines.
• Customer oriented (Internal and external).
• High level of integrity and ethical standards.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Ability to pay attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively work within a team-oriented environment.
• Proactive approach to work with a high level of maturity and self-drive.
• Able to work under very demanding deadlines or timelines.
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Thursday 24th June 2021 to the email address indicated below;