Exciting opportunity to join a dynamic Bank (“the Bank”) in Uganda a Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”).
This Tier 1 Financial institution, specialising in transformational lending in the retail banking sector, is looking to recruit an energetic, innovative and visionary CEO. The Bank has a highly regarded Board of Directors and a stable management team at the helm. The Bank has a sizeable footprint of branches across all four regions in Uganda. A clearly articulated vision, mission and strategy guide this Bank in achieving its goals and objectives whilst a set of entrenched values guides their day-to-day operations. Reporting to the Bank’s Board of Directors, the main purpose of this role is to lead and manage the Bank by providing overall direction to the Bank also ensuring maximum reach, sustainability and transformation of the Banks operations. The CEO provides insight, information and counsel concerning the Bank’s affairs to the Board of Directors and shareholders, In addition, the CEO is required to oversee the development and implementation of corporate policies and strategies..
Strategic Responsibilities and Capabilities
• Business Development -Proactively identiﬁes, recognises and exploits cpportunitiesto generate and win new business to ensure a competitive edge.
• Business Acumen -Demonstrates an appropriate level of insight into broad business principles, structures, practices and the commercial value chain (customers, suppliers, competitors). Understands digital technology and its use in delivering solutions to customers. Customer Cenlricity -Exhibits an in-depth, up to date understanding of the business, views, challenges and needs of all customers.
• Service Excellence -Drives high levels of customer orientation an service, regarding it as a ditferentiator in the market.
• Results and Achievement Orientation -Generates results and meets pre-determined objectives through the effective utilisation of resources.
• Role Modelling the Banks Values -Demonstrates integrity and upholds the rules and regulations, ethics and values of the Bank.
• Setting Strategic Objectives and Measures -Articulating a clear, compelling and integrated vision and strategy for the Bank. Sets clear direction through translating strategy into measurable objectives, plans and actions. Ensures buy-in from all stakeholders while successfully engaging, motivating and mobilising others to achieve the Bank’s vision,
• Strategic Decision Making and Planning -Analyses strategies and sets a clear direction through translating them into measurable objectives, plans and actions. Monitors and reviews strategic plans taking corrective action if necessary.
• inspiring, Empowering and Building a Team -Motivates and inspires others to give of their best for the good of the team and the Bank. Builds conﬁdence and commitment through empowering others to make decisions.
• Managing People and Performance -Develops and maintains a high
• performanoe culture by setting, monitoring, measuringand managing Key Result Areas (KRA’s) with individuals and teams.
• Relationship Building -Works effectively and co-operatively with others to establish and maintain collaborative networks and mutually beneﬁcial working relationships with key stakeholders
• Communication Skills -Communicates logically, clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing. Has impact through effectively explaining, persuading, convincing and inﬂuencing others in order to achieve the desired outcome(s).
• Collaboration -Works with others in a respectful and supportive manner, making a conscious effort to ﬁnd mutually beneﬁcial solutions and ways of working,
• Coaching and Mentoring -Creates an environment which fosters self-development and growth through being accessible and providing guidance, constructive feedback and coaching to others.
• Emotional intelligence -Demonstrates self-control and emotional maturity by being aware of and regulatin feelings and emotions in e manner appropriate to the situation at hand. ls assertive without being arrogant, managing conﬂict in a calm and professional manner.
• Responsiveness -Actively influences events and takes initiative by grasping opportunities, taking the lead and thinking proactively. Self- driven, taking full responsibility for their own growth and development,
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Skillfully manages complexity and ambiguity in the problem-solving process. Appropriately applies acquired learning and experience to effectively identify, analyse and select the most appropriate approach(es) and solution(s). Thinks progressively and contributes new thinking.
Key to the CEO’s role is the demonstrated ability to build meaningful relationships with all stakeholders, acting as the Bank’s principal representative to the press, investors, the broader business community. industry associations and government agencies. An essential part of building effective relationship is the ability to develop and maintain systems and processes for providing accurate and timsous reporting to said stakeholders.
Qualiﬁcations and Experience
• A Master’s degree or greater in business or ﬁnance is desirable.
• A minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience with a minimum of 8′ years at board or senior management level in a retail bank or similar ﬁnancial services institution.
• Knowledge of a wide range of micro banking products and services.
• Expansive knowledge of retail banking operations.
• Expansive knowledge of standard banking regulations, banking law, business law, employment and labour law, internal operational policies and procedures and banking products and services.
• Previous working experience in Africa is desirable.
• Fluent in English, verbal and written.
• Fluency in an East African language will be an advantage
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Master’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 10 years’
Job application procedure
The Bank is looking to appoint a candidate at a market related remuneration package and in accordance with their stated leadership and staff profile requirements.
To submit a detailed CV or to request additional information, please send an e-mail to the following e-mail address email@example.com , All applications must be submitted by CoB 22nd November, 2019.
The Bank reserves the right not to appoint.