Job Title: Clinical Officer
Organization: Watoto Child Care Ministries
Duty Station: Watoto Village Clinic-Laminadera
Watoto Church Ministries and Community Care has experienced exponential growth in the past couple of years composed of multiple Celebration Centres (Campuses) and diverse Community care initiatives that include, Child Care, Community and Neighbourhood Services, Education and FM Radio amongst others.
In all of this, Watoto remains a local church, committed to celebrating Christ and caring for the community.
Watoto is seeking to recruit a Medical Clinical Officer to provide medical care to Watoto child care clients, diagnose and treat medical conditions and manage appropriate referral of complex conditions. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to)
• To provide clinical assessments and evaluation of health or illnesses of Watoto Child Care clients and give proper individualized care and treatment in line with the existing standard operating procedure.
• To monitor drug reactions, disease progression and provide appropriate management including referral of complicated cases.
• To manage the day-to-day running of the clinic in conjunction with the Clinician In-charge and other departments.
• To participate in all health promotion programmes including health education, screening, immunisation, surveys and research as organised by Watoto Medical Services.
• To place medical orders within expected time-frames and maintain clear accountability for the prescribed and dispensed drugs.
• To participate in the development of a framework by which standardization of care is achieved in the clinic and community settings.
• To maintain accurate reporting records in accordance with Ministry of Health guidelines.
• To support in the teaching and training of staff in other departments on various aspects of health as organised by Watoto Medical Services.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience.
• The applicant for the Clinical officer role should hold a minimum of a Diploma in Clinical medicine and community health from a reputable training institution.
• Must have a valid practicing license from Allied Health Professionals council for 2021
• At least two years’ experience in clinical medicine preferably paediatric.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate well to children of all ages.
• Passionate about community health care with ability to work effectively within a team
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates can apply by visiting our website;
Go to Apply for a job section
Under that, view the job description and click on the link that says Apply
Fill out the form that will be open and submit after all sections have been filled.
Submit your CV, academic and professional documents and a cell /pastor’s recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Job Title -First Name, Last Name)
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE SHORT LISTED AND CONTACTED FOR