VVOB – Education for Development, is a non-profit organisation that focuses on improving the quality of education. WOB partners with Ministries of Education at national and sub-national levels, and with public education institutions in nine countries globally. Through the provision of technical assistance, the capacity of national governments and local education authorities for the design and implementation of education policies and/or innovations is improved.
WOB has its headquarters in Brussels (Belgium), and became operational in Uganda in 2019. VVOB has offices in Kampala and in Gulu and is expecting to set up field offices in Arua and Isingiro soon. More information about the work of VVOB can be found on www.vvob.org.
VVOB is currently recruiting various positions (National staff) with immediate start dates for its projects:
1. From Classroom to Land: Teaching Agriculture Practically (TAP)
2.Teaching at the Right Level for Refugee and Host Communities (TRL)
• Duty Station: VVOB office in Kampala (TaRL)
• Start Date: As soon as possible
• Salary Range: From UGX 6,830,095 – 9,347,457 dependent on years of experience
• Contract duration: December 31st, 2021
As an expert and quality caretaker, you develop the VVOB Uganda Communication Strategy, and coordinate its implementation.
You provide technical support and input to VVOB Advisors, Coordinators and partners in communication, networking, and advocacy on all VVOBs programmes in the education sector in Uganda.
You are responsible for the external and internal communication of VVOB in Uganda. The Communication Advisor reports to the Programme Manager but works in close collaboration with the Deputy Programme Manager. The Communication Advisor also frequently collaborates with the communications team at VVOB’s headquarters in Belgium and with the communications team of other partners (e.g. TaRL Africa, UNICEF).
You lead in the development of balanced communication outputs (include articles, blogs, and social media posts and visual tools such as info-graphs, pictures, and videos), depending on the best channels to reach the target groups. The Communication advisor supports with the lay-out and printing of publications.
The Communication advisor also supports the team with the organisation and communication aspects of events. The communication advisor will also support improved internal communication by sharing regular programme updates and supporting efficient use of an online document management system. .
Function specific competencies
• Communication skills: listening, speaking & writing
• 360° empathy
• Problem analysis & judgement
• Master’s Degree in communication, with at least three years of relevant working experience.
• You should demonstrate your experience in supporting external and internal communication, through:
• Your own active Facebook and twitter accounts and, ideally, those of organisations whose accounts you maintained. These should have smart content, attractive images, and a strong following.
• Blogs, articles, and other communication products you developed, preferably on the topic of education.
• Your portfolio of pictures and other visual materials, ideally with people in their natural environments.
• Having an online document management system, and clear ideas on how such a system should be set up and can work for a team with diverse background.
• A vision and experience, and strategic ideas related to improved internal communication.
• Successful event organization.
• Work experience in the education and development sectors is considered an asset.
• Willingness and ability to travel regularly throughout the country
Job Education: Master’s Degree
Job Experience: 3 years
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online only through the website below by Friday 19th June 2020. We shall only accept applications submitted through this webform: https://www.vvob.org/en/vacancies-uganda.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test (home assignment), and selected candidates will be invited for the final face to face interview.
Reference checks will be made before a final offer of employment.
Please note, applications submitted without attached motivation letter and CV will not be reviewed. Due to the volume of applications submitted, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We are ambitious and committed; we are curious and innovative when facing complex challenges; we focus on results and have fun together; we sometimes make mistakes, but learn from them; we act with integrity and respect; and above all, we are a team!