Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. CRS’ Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations; serving people on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. CRS has worked in Uganda since 1965, initially providing emergency assistance to Sudanese refugees living in the north. Over the years, CRS has expanded its programming to also address development needs in western, central and eastern Uganda. CRS’ projects in Uganda currently include agriculture, health, microfinance, peacebuilding and youth. CRS Uganda implements its programs through partnerships with local organizations, including the Catholic Church, other faith-based organizations and community entities for maximum impact and sustainability
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility of the enumerators will be to apply surveys with farming households in the field and record the resulting responses using digital devices with the CommCare application.
- Conduct surveys following the prescribed guidelines
- Enter responses accurately (without alterations or omissions) during the interviews onto the tablet using CommCare.
- Sync the data with the online database daily
- Liaise with the study lead on reporting issues at field level to ensure understanding and to maintain accuracy.
- Maintain quality control by reviewing the collected information before uploading
- Complete the number of interviews required per working day
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must be a University Student or degree holder in Agriculture or a related field.
- Knowledge of maize production required; knowledge of integrated pest management and the fall armyworm pest preferred
- Fluent in one or more local languages of the study area (proposed study area is: Masindi, Kyankwanzi and Iganga)
- Capacity to communicate effectively in verbal English and one or more local language
- Capacity to communicate effectively in written English
- Excellent listener
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to create rapport with respondents, empathize and be culturally sensitive.
- Very good understanding of the local context and cultural nuances of the following districts: Masindi, Kyanwanzi and Iganga
- Open-minded to new ways of knowing, curious and open to new approaches and methods, and willing to unlearn old ways of data collection.
- Basic understanding of rural livelihoods
- Basic knowledge of Smart Phone and/or tablet use.
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work independently, within specific deadlines
- Ready to work in a rural setting for the duration of the engagement
- Good oral and written skills in English
- Good Listening Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Good Computer Skills
Agency-Wide Competencies (for all CRS staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
All candidates should Email a cover letter and updated CV only to
Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – ENUMERATOR only
All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
Only Selected Candidates That Meet The Requirements Will Be Notified.