The Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI) has signed a MoU with the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to strengthen Institute capacity through the management and coordination of laboratory surveillance, epidemiology, public health evaluations and training in Uganda under the U.S President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). Under this cooperation, UVRI intends to recruit a Data Manager on a 9 month contract to be renewed depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds. This position is based at Entebbe. Salary is attractive.
DATA MANAGER (One position)
Reporting to the Project’s Biostatistician
Main Purpose of the Job
To maintain up-to-date and consolidated data on all project activities, analyses the data, avail the resulting information to users, and offer them necessary supportt. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Continually update the project data management systems
• Managing data entry processes and cleaning of raw data to identify errors for programme data and field surveys.
• The Data Manager will manage and troubleshoot: data entry forms; systems for checking the accuracy of data collected
• Designing, building and maintaining data capture, data entry and data storage systems; receiving and managing data from various external and internal collaborators and ensuring that data storage is logical and simple for use by project staff and other stakeholders.
• Ensure confidentiality of data, and carry out regular data quality assessments Build the capacity of project and external staff to manage data collection
• Responsible for the management and accuracy of the data dictionary database for existing studies, and the creation of new data dictionaries for new studies
• Carry out statistical and other analysis of data and interpret findings as necessary or as required
• Ensure that all data is secure and is backed up every week.
• Represent the project at meetings to explain the data as need arises
• Participate in the preparation of periodic plans and budgets for the project
• Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be assigned by the Biostatistician or Project Manager
• Minimum of a Degree in Statistics or BSc Mathematics/ Economics from a prestigious University.
• Database Management training.
• Experience in Computer programming.
• At least 3 years in data management and analysis in a health research environment.
• Experience in relational database software and statistical software (MS Access, MySQL, STATA, SPSS
• Experience in the principles of Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
Job Education Requirements: Degree in Statistics or BSc Mathematics
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Applications together with copies of academic certificates, transcripts, a CV, including names of two work-related referees indicating their contacts with emails and phone numbers should be forwarded to the address below not later than 5pm on 16th December 2019: The Director Uganda Virus Research Institute P.O BOX 49 Entebbe OR hand deliver to his office Plot 51-59, Nakiwogo Road, Entebbe Only short listed candidates will be contacted