Reporting to: Study Coordinator
Period: Short-term contract
Summary of Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate all steps in data management.
2. Support the review of the existing data management manuals and training materials.
3. Design data cleaning, analysis, and reporting tools as may be required
4. Verify raw data sent from the field
5. Generate and transmit data queries to field teams for resolution
6. Resolve all data-related issues raised with the datasets.
7. Routinely compile data files.
8. Compile and submit regular reports summarizing progress in data entry, data validation, and cleaning.
9. Ensure the safety of all data/information handed over to them.
10. Ensure that data is maintained in both soft and hard copies and backed up.
12. Provide Data Management Support to the Project
13. Regularly run consistency checks on the data and flag errors
14. Provide progress reports and completion rates to the study teams
15. Provide support supervision
16. Write Do-files to recode, label and encode the datasets
17. Maintain a clean and up-to date dataset
18. Provide a final cleaned dataset for analysis
Minimum qualification and experience
1. Bachelor’s degree is either Statistics, Computer Sciences, information systems, or the equivalent, and a postgraduate training related to quantitative data management.
2. Must have experience in electronic data management, able to manage data from various sources and conduct preliminary data analysis
3. Having participated in RISE Midline and baseline survey will be an added advantage Should have experience managing large datasets
4. Demonstrated ability to program and use electronic data collection apps like ODK
5. Demonstrated ability to use data analysis software like STATA
6. Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
7. Must be willing to work beyond official working hours
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit the application letter and CV of not more than 2 pages with the contacts of two referees he or she has previously worked with on quantitative Health Research.
Should specify the local languages he or she is fluent in (specific for research assistants only).
Provide reliable 24-hour phone contact and WhatsApp line if different.
Address the application to:
School of Public Health, Makerere University.
Have the subject as “Endline survey for RISE Program
Deliver a hard copy of the application to the reception at the School of Public, Makerere University
Ensure that the application is registered on submission
Deadline for applications: 5:00pm Tuesday 21st February, 2023, Ugandan time
Terms and conditions:
Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews