Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through promotion and coordination of Education and Training opportunities for refugees and people affected by conflict. Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister. With funding from UNHCR, WIU seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following position:
REPORTS TO: The Human Resource Administrator
LOCATION: Field Based
Scope of the work:
The Driver will support Field Operations by provision of reliable and secure driving services for staff, items
and authorized persons.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Job Holder will perform the following duties:
- Drive the vehicle to and from various activities and engagements around the Settlement and outside the region when authorized
- Ensuring that all passengers wear their seat belts at all times in the vehicle; ensure that goods in transit are safely secured and arrive at destination in proper condition
- Collecting and deliver mail/correspondence to Government Offices/ Partner Offices Commercial
- Establishments/UN Offices, etc. when called upon
- Ensuring that all immediate actions required in the Standard Operating Procedures are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
- Log official trips in the official log books;
- Assist the Human Resource Staff in preparation of accurate accountability of Fuel used whenever called upon
- Comply with traffic rules and regulations as well as road security and safety awareness to enable safe on-time arrival for meetings.
- Day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the assigned vehicle
- Provision of inputs to the Logistics and Fleet Officers for efficient preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Keep track of insurance and applicable tax formalities.
- Administrative and clerical support: assist office staff in administrative tasks from time to time when called upon;
- Any other duties relevant to the position that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications: Education/Technical Skills and Experience
- A Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) from a recognized and registered School is required.
- Possession of a Valid Class DL Driver’s permit and above is a strong requirement
- At least 2-3 years’ professional driving experience is required 2-3 years’ active experience in Field NGO operations is also a requirement.
- Active prior experience in and understanding of refugee operations would be an added advantage
- Relevant Driving certification.
- Mastered use of manual vehicles
- Experience of working in rural terrain and ability to maneuver the most difficult back roads
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Basic Computer skills (Microsoft word, Excel, Email)
- Good command of the English Language and ability to communicate effectively (written, verbally, non- verbally).
- Team player; ability to work within a team dynamic to achieve and deliver shared goals
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment; ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Values: Integrity, Diligence, Professionalism, Cultural sensitivity and diversity: Organizational Awareness
- Demonstration of sound judgment and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Management skills
Applications must be addressed to
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda;
P.O BOX 24230,
- Submit your application (letter of expression of interest, updated CV, copies of academic documents- ALL in
ONE document) not larger than 2MB to the email address; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physical Delivery of applications can also be made to
Uganda located on
Nagawa Close- Mawanda Road,
Windle International Alumni who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply
Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and
black listed. Human Resource Manager Windle International Uganda