Job Title: Early Childhood Development Educator
Organization: Watoto Child Care Ministries
Duty Station: Baby Watoto, Gulu
Watoto Church Ministries and Community Care has experienced exponential growth in the past couple of years composed of multiple Celebration Centres (Campuses) and diverse Community care initiatives that include; Child Care, Community and Neighbourhood, Education and FM Radio amongst others.
In all of this, Watoto remains a local church, committed to celebrating Christ and caring for community.
Watoto is seeking to recruit an Early Childhood Development Educator to nurture and develop the knowledge, abilities and social skills of babies. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to)
• To develop and implement educational activities to meet the intellectual, emotional, physical and development needs of the babies.
• To provide a safe and stimulating environment that facilitates learning for the children.
• To educate nannies on developmental milestones to support in the identification of delays in the baby’s growth and ensure positive and appropriate interaction between nannies and the babies in the preschool.
• To support in developing and implementing work schemes and monthly schedules of all the education activities.
• To organise and supervise plays, reading, dancing and ensure positive interaction between nannies and the babies in the preschool.
• To train all new staff and volunteers on child development activities and how to interact with babies at their different stages of growth.
• To monitor and appraise the performance of nannies on activities related to early childhood development.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience.
• The applicant for the role should have a minimum of a Certificate in Early Childhood
• The applicant should have a minimum of 2 years working experience with children in a similar role and busy organisation.
• Good inter-personal skills and ability to relate well to children in early childhood stage.
• Passionate about children’s welfare with ability to work efficiently within a team
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates can apply by visiting our website;
Go to Apply for a job section
Under that, view the Job description and click on the link that reads; Apply
Fill out the form that will be open and submit after all sections have been filled.
Submit your CV, academic and professional documents and a cell/pastor’s recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Job Title – First Name, Last Name)
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE SHORT LISTED AND CONTACTED FOR