VVOB – Education for Development, is a non-profit organization that focuses on improving the quality of education. WOB partners with Ministries of Education at national and sub-national levels, and with public education institutions in nine countries globally.
Through the provision of technical assistance, the capacity of national governments and local education authorities for the design and implementation of education policies and/or innovations is improved.
WOB has its headquarters in Brussels (Belgium), and became operational in Uganda in 2019. VVOB has offices in Kampala and in Gulu and is expecting to set up field offices in Arua and Isingiro soon. More information about the work of VVOB can be found on www.vvob.org.
VVOB is currently recruiting various positions (National staff) with immediate start dates for its projects:
1. From Classroom to Land: Teaching Agriculture Practically (TAP)
2.Teaching at the Right Level for Refugee and Host Communities (TRL)
• Duty Station: VVOB office / MoES in Kampala with frequent travel to Arua and Isingiro
• Start Date: as soon as possible
• Salary Range: From UGX 6,830,095 – 9,347,457 dependent on years of experience
• Contract duration: TaRL: May 31st, 2021
The education advisor is a Quality Caretaker, who will ensure that training and training materials are well prepared and of high quality.
S/He will prepare concept notes, design interactive and hands-on training programmes for, and oversee the quality of professional development on TaRL of Master Trainers, Instructors, and volunteering caregivers.
You will adapt existing TaRL materials to the context of refugee and host community learners, and to over-age for grade students, as well as include life skills. You are open to learning and will cooperate closely with the MEAL advisor to analyse monitoring data. Based on the experiences, lessons learnt and changes in context, you will ensure that materials and trainings are revised annually,
You will contribute to the project’s narrative progress report (external monitoring system) and Quadrimester report (internal monitoring system). You are responsible to check and follow up on budgets, and keep stakeholders informed of the progress. You will provide guidance and inspiration to district coordinators, partners, and beneficiaries. .
Function specific competencies
• Communication skills (listening, speaking, and writing in English)
• 360-degree empathy
• Creativity in problem solving, problem analysis and judgment
• A Master’s Diploma/University Degree in Education, Human Sciences, or related field; or equivalent by experience.
• At least 5 years’ work experience in education.
• At least 2 years’ work experience in development cooperation.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of primary education; teacher & school leader professional development; and capacity development of institutions.
• Experience with Project Cycle Management, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes
• Experience in refugee context, coaching and mentoring, and life skills are a plus.
• Knowledge of the Teaching at the Right Level methodology is an asset.
• Experience with working in a multicultural team.
• Language: Strong command of English. Language skills in Lugbara and/or Runyankole are a plus.
Job Education: Master’s Diploma/University Degree
Job Experience: 5 years
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online only through the website below by Friday 19th June 2020. We shall only accept applications submitted through this webform: https://www.vvob.org/en/vacancies-uganda.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test (home assignment), and selected candidates will be invited for the final face to face interview.
Reference checks will be made before a final offer of employment.
Please note, applications submitted without attached motivation letter and CV will not be reviewed. Due to the volume of applications submitted, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We are ambitious and committed; we are curious and innovative when facing complex challenges; we focus on results and have fun together; we sometimes make mistakes, but learn from them; we act with integrity and respect; and above all, we are a team!