Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality as well as promotes Global Citizenship. With over 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel in Uganda is looking for passionate, dynamic individuals to fill 3 vacancies for Employment Promotion Officer based in Kampala, Busoga and the Albertine/Rwenzori region
The Employment Promotion Officer (s) will lead in mapping labour market intelligence systems and coordinating labour market actors for the project
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. You map existing labor market intelligence systems and/or platforms as well as the partners promoting them to enhance coordination, build synergies and reduce duplication.
2. You conduct a scoping study as well as consultative meetings organized both at national and field level in Rwenzori & Albertine and Busoga regions to identify major promoters of various platforms.
3. You coordinate skills and job matching of the actors of the project to ensure that the results of the project (outputs – outcomes) are achieved within the set execution deadline.
4. You facilitate the process of expanding access to employment opportunities, map key public and private firms/companies with clear potential to employ young people.
Required qualifications and experience
1. A Master Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Guidance and Counselling, or any other business-related fields.
2. A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management; Social Sciences.
3. Vocational Studies; Education; Guidance and Counselling; Business Administration or related fields.
4. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in employment support services like job matching in public or private sector organizations and networks;
5. At least 2 years’ experience in capacity building, private sector development, career guidance, coaching or other employment support services
Required knowledge and skills
1. You have broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.);
2. Expertise in jobs and skills matching activities;
3. Good understanding of the key labour market actors and national and regional levels especially in Rwenzori Albertine, Busoga and metropolitan Kampala;
4. Demonstrated understanding of employment policies and issues with a focus of youth and young women;
5. Fluent understanding of project implementation data management, monitoring and evaluation;
6. Excellent understanding of the local economy and the local economic opportunities.
7. Basic knowledge of Start-Your-Business and Manage-Your-Business approaches
8. Expertise in developing and implementing mechanisms and interventions for enhanced youth livelihoods.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills allowing to interact and work with vulnerable youth and women, as well as private sector actors and other (high-level) stakeholders.
10. Creative thinking and being pro-active i.e. taking initiatives and responsibility at the same time
11. Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
12. Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team
13. Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy
14. Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender sensitive and non-discriminatory behavior and attitudes
15. Fluent in English, with excellent reporting skills.
We offer you
1. A fascinating/ interesting/varied job in an international environment.
2. A contract of 45 months.
3. You are based in Kampala or Jinja or Fort Portal.
4. A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (class 5)
5. The contractual conditions will be established according to the organization’s salary policies.
Following this recruitment procedure, a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click here to Apply