Job Title : Finance Assistant
Department : Finance
Reports to : Finance & Grants Manager
Key working relationships : All staff
To assist in the smooth financial management by ensuring proper accountability of funds and ensure proper book keeping.
Key Result Areas
• Prepare Payment Schedules for bank uploads.
• Receive and process requisitions for review and approval.
• Process and Reconcile staff advances, accountabilities and manage their retirement.
• Collect all field staff accountabilities and ensure all supporting are attached.
• Ensure proper filing, Scanning and custody of all finance and related documents.
• Review vendor’s invoices & reconcile them with Local purchase order form & other documents for accuracy & completeness.
• Attend and resolve all payment queries raised by staff and suppliers.
• Managing office petty cash.
• Support in maintaining the fixed asset register and project Asset registers.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Person Specification and Qualifications
• Honor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting) or; Honors of Science Accounting & Finance or; Honor’s degree of Business Administration (Accounting) from a recognized University.
• At least One (1) year’ experience in Accounting and/or Finance
• Experience working in an NGO is added advantage.
Skills and Experience:
• Must have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar or related position;
• Previous experience working with NGOs is desired
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
• Working knowledge of Accounting packages
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles and ethics.
• Computer literacy in the use of MS Office Suite – Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, with practical experience in the use of electronic communications including internet, etc.
• Excellent Word and Excel skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills in English
Expected Gross Salary: 2,000,000/= (Two million Uganda shillings only
Job application procedure
Kindly send your application via this Email address email@example.com not later than 4th February 2022.