The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world. We are an international NGO committed to environmental protection active in almost 100 countries.
WWF has a growing conservation Programme in the Republic of Uganda. WWF Uganda Country Office (WWF UCO) works with central and local government agencies, private sector, civil society organizations (CSOs) and the local communities to implement its various conservation programmes on Energy and Climate, Forestry and Wildlife, and Freshwater in Uganda. To help WWF in managing this challenging conservation agenda, and be aligned with WWF’s network initiative and the global conservation priorities, the WWFUganda Country Office is looking for dynamic and committed professionals for the following positions. These are key positions in WWF-Uganda that require candidates with excellent technical, inter-personal and leadership skills and high-level integrity to assist the Country office in achieving objectives of its Programme Strategic Plan (2018-2023).
Position: Fundraising and Partnerships Manager.
Reports to: Conservation Programmes Manager.
Duration: 2 years Renewable. .
Lead the development and implementation of the WWF UCO resource mobilization strategy to increase revenue generation and diversify funding sources through proactive engagement i with international funding agencies and development partners, government and non-government funding agencies, foundations local and international companies, private businesses, individuals and other innovative fundraising options to fund implementation of the conservation strategy for the Uganda country Office.
This role is responsible for ensuring continued funding through maintaining the existing sources, while innovatively looking out for new opportunities to support conservation work for WWF UCO.
Required knowledge skills and experience:
• A Master’s degree in Economics, development studies, Business administration, Social Sciences, international Development, Marketing or related field.
• At least five years’ proven experience of successful networking and fundraising in at least one of the areas of public sector partnerships, major donors, trusts/foundations or corporate fundraising.
• Experience of creating and implementing a fundraising strategy for new markets
• Proven track record of generating significant gifts, preferably in the context of an international organization
• Experience and expertise in developing relationships with institutional donors, high net worth individuals or corporations.
• Experience working with NGOs, preferably international particularly in fundraising and resource mobilization.
Job Education Requirements: Master’s degree in Economics
Job Experience Requirements: five years’
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Application letters, detailed Curriculum Vitae including names, email addresses and telephone contact details of three (3) referees, plus copies of academic qualifications
(sent as one document) should be emailed to: email@example.com. Not later than 18th October 2019.
Detailed Job descriptions and Google forms link for each role can be downloaded at http://www.wwfuganda.org/our_story/jobs!
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted six (6) weeks after closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce. Female Ugandan nationals are encouraged to apply.