The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world. We are an international NGO committed to environmental protection active in almost 100 countries.
WWF has a growing conservation Programme in the Republic of Uganda. WWF Uganda Country Office (WWF UCO) works with central and local government agencies, private sector, civil society organizations (CSOs) and the local communities to implement its various conservation programmes on Energy and Climate, Forestry and Wildlife, and Freshwater in Uganda. To help WWF in managing this challenging conservation agenda, and be aligned with WWF’s network initiative and the global conservation priorities, the WWFUganda Country Office is looking for dynamic and committed professionals for the following positions. These are key positions in WWF-Uganda that require candidates with excellent technical, inter-personal and leadership skills and high-level integrity to assist the Country office in achieving objectives of its Programme Strategic Plan (2018-2023).
Position: Grants / Finance Specialist.
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager.
Duration: 2 years Renewable.
• Grants/Finance Specialist serves as the link between project teams, donors and operations.
• Ensure projects get the necessary financial and operation support for smooth conservation delivery.
• Ensure accountability towards donors.
• Provides financial management support for projects implemented by the Uganda Country Office, including budget development and monitoring, timely production of donor reports and reconciliation of projects and their close out.
• Ensure projects are implemented in compliance with both country and WWF regulations as well as donor requirements
Required knowledge, Skills and Experience
• A university degree in Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration or related field; Full accounting qualification i.e. ACCA or equivalent
• At least 6 years of working with financial/accounting experience in a major international organization/NGO
• Management experience would be an advantage
• Demonstrable skills in the development of finance and systems in the context of an international NGO
• Good knowledge of fund accounting including reporting requirements
• Hands-on knowledge of the major ERP softwares would be a distinct advantage
Job Education Requirements: degree in Commerce
Job Experience Requirements: 6 years
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Application letters, detailed Curriculum Vitae including names, email addresses and telephone contact details of three (3) referees, plus copies of academic qualifications
(sent as one document) should be emailed to: email@example.com. Not later than 18th October 2019.
Detailed Job descriptions and Google forms link for each role can be downloaded at http://www.wwfuganda.org/our_story/jobs!
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted six (6) weeks after closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce. Female Ugandan nationals are encouraged to apply.