The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) is an International Partnership that provides grants to lower income countries with high HIV, Malaria and Tuberculosis disease burden including Uganda. The Fund also supports health service delivery through grants that are dedicated to health and community systems strengthening. These resources are additional to and not a replacement for financing to the health sector from recipient Governments. Recipient Countries are required to demonstrate transparency, traceability, attribution and efficient accountability of the resources.
Uganda under the Ministry of Health (MoH) has received funding from the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) under the 2021-2023 NFM3 grant. Part of this grant is to source for eligible talent to cover human resources gaps in the Ministry of Health in order to strengthen its capacity. Ministry of Health therefore is advertising to recruit competent persons to fill the following posts under the grant based at the MoH headquarters whose job description and person specifications indicated below. The incumbents will be offered contracts that will be renewable based on satisfactory performance.
NATIONAL TUBERCULOSIS & LEPROSY PROGRAM
I.T. officer (1)
No. Requirements Comments
Reporting arrangements I.T. Manager – Ministry of Health
The IT Support Officer maintains the computer networks of all types in the TB and Leprosy programs in the Division. He/she provides technical support and ensures the whole program runs smoothly. IT Support monitors and maintains the program computer systems, installs, and configures hardware and software, and solves technical issues as they arise. Because of the nature of the job, this is a full time engagement with program staff as and when support is needed plus spot checking for any challenges related to IT.
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
• Handle daily Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
• Responding in a timely manner to IT service issues, trouble shooting and requests
• Providing technical support across the TB Division GF program (this may be in person or over the phone)
• Setting up accounts for new users
• Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
• Testing new technology
• Support and conduct IT training needs assessments for NTLP
• Initiate IT capacity building/ training for staff
• Any other duties to be assigned time and again
Deliverables and outputs • A fully functioning computer network system
• Initiatives for a proper functioning
• Reports on installed hardware, software
• On sport repairs and replacements of no functioning PCs and parts
• Regular reports on an IT skilled HR capacity
• Facilitated system of IT users
• Hardware serviced and reports on identified challenges and handled
• Staff supported on online service delivery at all times
• Mobile clinics supported with IT services needed and trouble shooting
Minimum qualifications and experience
• BSC. Computer Science
• Must have attained a higher Diploma in Computing
• Software Engineering
• Prior experience on a similar role especially in a busy environment is added advantage.
• Very strong in team support
• Good knowledge of client handling
• Ability to demonstrate patience in teams
• Zero tolerance to IT troubles work stations
• Software language proficiency
• Good communication skill
• Flexible persona with ability to adopt to changing work conditions
Job application procedure
Handwritten applications should be Hand Delivered to the Central Registry of the MOH Headquarters-Kampala between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health Headquarters (Central Registry)
Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya
Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
• Recent passport-size photograph.
• Copy of the National Identity Card.
• Detailed curriculum Vitae.
• Certified copies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
Deadline for receiving applications is: Wednesday, 17th November, 2021 5:00pm