NRC in the East Africa & Yemen Region prides itself on being a leader in the service of refugees, internally displaced people and displacement communities. We strive to be a rapid responder and a pioneer in Hard to Reach areas. We unlock durable solutions and make deliberate efforts towards a more sustainable impact in our programming.
We aim to deliver the best possible service through commitment to our regional hallmarks: evidence based programming; advocating for change; cash and markets-based programming; driving innovation; collaborating with other actors for greater impact; integrating our programmes to achieve synergy and maximum efficiency; and valuing staff diversity.
It is with this view that we are seeking a Livelihood and Economic Inclusion (LEI) Specialist to spearhead technical development of the Livelihood and Economic Inclusion strategic direction and quality assurance. The LEI Specialist is responsible for mentoring, training, capacity building staff, programme development and coordination. .
• Improve the enabling environment for refugees to work including through advocacy on the right to work as well as access to economic opportunities and services;
• Seek new and strengthen existing partnerships including with the private sector, development actors, government institutions and specialized agencies to advance economic inclusion of refugees; and
• Enhance ongoing livelihoods and economic inclusion programming through evidence-based and market-driven approaches to improve economic inclusion outcomes
• In a consultative process take lead of development and periodic update of the Livelihood and Economic Inclusion programme at Country Office level and ensure the management and implementation of the program activities in line with LEI policies, strategies, and procedures.
• Promote and coordinate the development of new initiatives and responses to emerging enterprise development such as integration of the principles of green economy development, value addition and access to Finance.
• Promote use of technology in the Livelihood Economic inclusion program including digitalization of Saving groups, market linkages and attachment to entrepreneurships.
• Facilitate the implementation of specified project development plans, providing overall partnership and technical support in the conceptualization, design, planning, budgeting, and implementation.
• Promote digital financing, Financial literacy, credit plus activities, Food security entrepreneurship and commercial village concepts in all the LEI programs.
• Ensure job creation, Green skilling, financial inclusion, and improved livelihoods through training marginalized and vulnerable Youth and women (including people with disability) in green skills.
• Develop plans, procedures, criteria of eligibility, systems or appropriate tools for timely initiation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the EI programme.
• Work closely with the M&E staff and partner mentors to conduct regular monitoring of program activities to ensure quality and provide timely feedback to partners on issues for follow up.
• Together with the partners, target group and other stakeholders build / facilitate the development of the LEI programme by developing and integrating other relevant Green economy and credit-plus activities of high impact on the lives of the most vulnerable refugees, urban poor and in the host communities of intervention.
• Ensure that all the LEI interventions are based on the Community Based Approach principles.
• Prepare LEI related programme reports and documentations on the intervention as per the requirement of the country office, donors, head office and other stakeholders.
• Minimum 10 years of experience within Livelihood & Economic inclusion while Cash & Markets programming in a humanitarian/ recovery context in added benefits;
• Experience of working in complex contexts;
• Solid experience form managing and implementing Livelihood and Economic Inclusion related responses including cash based programming, in both volatile and recovery contexts;
• Highly experienced in programme management associated to natural resource protection and socio economic recovery, particularly relating to renewable energy and Innovation, financial inclusion and employment support including apprenticeship schemes;
• Strong capacity in leading proposal development;
• Documented experience working with donors and conversant with their technical frameworks, strategic priorities and reporting requirements (e.g. ECHO, WFP, Unicef, NMFA, Sida);
• Understanding and experience of carrying out Livelihood, Market and Cash & Voucher assistance monitoring and analysis, with the ability to devise and adapt tools to context;
Job application procedure
Please follow this link to apply.