About the Job
This position will be responsible for effectively managing the day to day development and execution of all information technology functions –enterprise software, applications development, technology infrastructure (servers, workstations, peripherals, wireless network, wireless scanning devices, etc.), information security, and telecommunications.
This position will monitor new and emerging systems and technology and make recommendations to the Management Team on purchases, negotiate contracts with technology vendors and suppliers, lead data reporting and system user training while optimizing the return of technology investments. .
• Provides management and leadership to the IT Department to support daily operations and continue to enhance IT systems and services to meet the needs of associates and external partners.
• Conduct ongoing analysis of current systems utilization and needs.
• Leads IT operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
• Establishes IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
• Be hands on officer who will eliminate the need for reliance on outside vendors through their knowledge and experience.
• Utilizes broad IT knowledge and understanding of the current and future business needs to define and estimate IT project costs, efforts, and ROI for consideration by the Management Team.
• Assesses and communicates risks associated with IT investments.
• Leads approved IT projects from start to end to ensure tasks and ownership are assigned, timelines are met and the project stays on scope and budget all while providing continuous communication and updates to the Management Team and other affected staff.
• Provide management leadership for the Information Technology team by attracting, retaining, and developing all members of the team to achieve high performance levels by ensuring a positive and ethical work culture.
• Responsible for the management of multiple information and communications systems and projects, including voice, data, imaging, and office automation.
• Oversees the development and maintenance of the systems architecture, defining standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection of company information systems.
• Coordinates and manages information reporting needs and data analysis for the organization. Ensures that the related information systems are designed and managed in a way to facilitate the effective gathering, processing, distribution and use of pertinent information required by all departments
• Oversees and carries out the development and implementation of technology related user-training programs.
• Develops and maintains corporate policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimizing costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems.
• Serves as the organizational leader of Information Security practices and development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan for technology systems.
• Monitor and maintain critical core system while ensuring high level of data availability. Also responsible for implementing and overseeing core procedures to ensure their integrity and accuracy Participate in maintaining and supporting the computers, network, electronic communications Run system End of Day (EOD) and other maintenance activities
• Ensure proper backups are maintain and regularly tested
• Maintain an inventory of all IT related assets
• Install upgrades, software patches and system updates on all Systems. Work with all department managers and vendors on the documentation and testing of updates and patches.
• Provide Core Banking System parameterization according to the user requests as well as a regular periodic parameterization
• Create new branches, products, features, modules in core banking system up on request
• Identify, analyze and report occurred and potential user and/or system problems as well as coordinate with software vendor for solutions, including troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
• Core verification – confirm EOD/EOM/EOY file processing is complete and accurate, monitor core backup process to ensure completion, move files to archive, monitor archive server space
• Assist in the testing, acquisition, installation, development and maintenance of computer hardware systems and software packages.
• Coordinate DRP/BCP of core banking system testing and provide reports for ensuring compliance to the comply with IT policy
• Proactively monitoring Core Banking Software (CBS) & Core Apps services to ensure compliance of all users and services, and providing periodic (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) MIS reports to the Head of Finance
• Regularly review and update CBS & Core Apps related policies, standards and operating procedures, while enforcing departmental and organization wise compliance to the IT management policies.
• Prepare and ensure that Risk Control Self Assessment is conducted periodically for unit.
• Natural Focus on Customer Service Excellence–commitment to consistently deliver high quality work, products and services in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Communication Skills–Strong verbal, organizational and written communication.
• Strong Work Ethic–has a self-starting nature and conscientious and diligent work ethic, a demonstrated flexibility, integrity, and commitment to see any issue through to its resolution.
• Operational Focus—goal of optimizing organizational, team, and individual effectiveness to meet business goals.
• Leadership-ability to provide leadership and develop the IT Department, both within the department and throughout the organization.
• Demonstrates flexibility by applying key skills in a variety of areas; quickly adapts to new learning situations and environments; demonstrates agility and responsiveness in both crisis and non-crisis situations
• Ability to resolve problems
• Ability to Display confidence when dealing with others, along with well-developed written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to adopt and adjust to change and its processes
• Ability to set priorities, plan workload, meets deadlines and achieves the objectives through the efficient use of time
• Ability to develop complex reports in strict time frames
• Ability to use participative management practices and develop a supportive and stimulating management style, to achieve desired outcomes
Experience and Knowledge
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Information Sciences, or related business field is required.
• Possess a thorough knowledge of all functional aspects of IT.
• At least 3 years’ experience of progressively more responsible IT in a financial institution with one being hands-on use of a Core Banking System (CBS)
• Technology Skills–hands on experience with the following IT environments: ERP software (Macola Preferred), SQL, Applications Development, IT Infrastructure, Virtual Server environments, Microsoft Exchange Server, Security, and Telecommunications. Possess solid experience in the application of project management and office productivity tools (e.g. Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Crystal).
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Information Sciences
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years’
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates send a cover letter, academic documents and CV to email@example.com (Subject Line: MIS- officer – First Name, Last Name)
OR Hand deliver your cover letter, academic documents and CV to ECLOF UGANDA Head office located at Pot 2 Kyagwe Road, Ground floor, Kati House. P.O. Box 22886, Kampala – Uganda. Contact us on 0414344249
Deadline: 17th October 2019 at 5:00pm