Title: Manager-E-Commerce & Open API
Reporting to: Senior Manager-Products & Services
Division – Commercial
No. of Vacancies: 1
Level of work: 3 (15)
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
The core function of this role is to drive the E-commerce Merchant strategy and Faster and seamless integration to the MTN MoMo ecosystem via Open API
Main Job Functions:
• Deliver the e-commerce and Open API road map
• Work with the sales force to identify new MFS E-commerce Merchant products and or enhancements in the to keep MTN on the fore front in the Merchant innovations space
• Define, develop and implement E-commerce & Open API products and solutions that easily induce trial and usage from the different Merchant segments.
• Determine demand and viability of new MFS Products for Merchants.
• Monitor the performance of key E-commerce and Open API merchant products.
• Work closely with the team to oversee the management of third-party MFS Service providers engaged in the integration of merchant driven products.
• Work with internal stakeholders to monitor performance of existing products; cost effectiveness to drive healthy contributory margins & pricing to ensure product/ service uptake and profitability
• Work with and through the RMMCs to ensure that the MTN Mobile Money brand and commercial objectives are achieved through a collaborative effort of executing within the regions
• Manage the end to end design of the e-commerce & open API value propositions to ensure alignment to target customer expectations
• Lead the different cross functional teams involved in the process of developing new MFS products for E-commerce and Open API merchants
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA’s)
• Designing and implementing the MFS Products roadmap for E-commerce and Open API merchants.
• Develop new products user requirement specifications for E-commerce and Open API merchants on the product roadmap.
• Review product functionality and channel feedback where necessary to meet market requirements in the E-commerce & Open API merchant space
• Monitor E-commerce & Open API Mobile Money services’ performance i.e. uptime, penetration and usage and provide periodic written reports/feedback.
• Identify; analyze/utilize the findings of primary research to tailor specific MFS Services to meet customer requirements and to initiate research necessary to provide feedback on customers’ understanding of E-commerce Products.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Commerce or related field
• Proficient with MS Office application especially Excel and Power Point
• At least 2 years’ experience in telecommunications, product development/project management, customer services or marketing
• Must be computer literate (MS Office).
• Strong analytical skills.
• Creative and Observant
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Can take initiative
• Independent but a Team Player
• Customer oriented
• Alert to environment changes and trends
• Good aptitude and adaptable
• Must have attention to detail
Job application procedure
To apply visit: https://mtn.taleo.net/careersection/mtn_external_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100000X&tz=GMT%2B03%3A00&tzname=Africa%2FNairobi