Position: Marketing Officer (1 position) – Ext AD 22/4/2021
Organization: Uganda Martyrs University
Duty Station: Main Campus – Nkozi
Reports to: Head of Marketing and Public Relations
The marketing officer will carry out market research to gain a clear understanding of what UMU’s customers really want, identify new market opportunities, and help UMU create a market niche for its services. .
• To increase awareness by reaching out to potential students through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities;
• Establish linkages in Schools and promote the marketing and subsequent improvement in enrolment of Ugandan students;
• Establish linkages and promote the marketing and subsequent improvement in enrolment of international students for UMU Programmes;
• Ensure that UMU’s marketing messages and materials are appropriate, engaging, visually appealing, accurate and effective;
• Champion customer relationship management to build lasting relationships;
• Selling the University through promotional materials and souvenirs like calendars, Key holders, T-shirts, brochures etc.
• Identify opportunities for scholarships.
• Creating awareness and coordinating the process of taking on scholarships.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Academic Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration or related field
• 2+ years previous experience in marketing
• Excellent communication skills both orally and written
• Adept multi-tasker with ability to quickly prioritize and organize
• Proficient using Microsoft Suite and previous experience using other marketing soft ware’s (Dynamics, Excel, CRM)
• Team player who collaborates with ease and contagious creative energy
• Strategic vision and strong business acumen
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Copywriting and graphic/digital design experience preferred
• Advanced social media advertising experience
Job application procedure
All applications should reach the Office of the Director, Human Resources by 15th May, 2021. All applications must be accompanied by up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Names and Contact details of three references, copies of certified academic certificates and transcripts and current day telephone contact and email address.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Uganda Martyrs University
P.O Box 5498, Kampala