MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following Position;
Job Title: Analyst – Forensic Investigation
Reports to: Manager – Forensics Investigation (Re-advertised)
Division: Internal Audit
No. of Vacancies: 1
Main Job Functions;
1. Assess Fraud trends and identify best practice in relation to fraud prevention
2. Appropriately plan and scope Fintech and GSM Fraud investigations to ensure adequate focus on key investigation areas
3. Coordinate and carry out Fraud prevention training and awareness for Telco and Fintech staff.
4. Plan and coordinate the effective use of proactive data analytics, including Continuous Controls review, preferably through scripts in SQL and ACL exchange.
5. Communicate the results of forensic investigations, via written reports and oral presentations to management
6. Gather, record and securely retain evidence relating to investigations in accordance with current legislation, codes of practice and the MTNU Fraud risk management framework.
7. To maintain confidentiality and discretion in carrying out all duties of the position.
8. Track status and prepare periodic summaries of fraud trends as appreciated and from related industry sources to enhance fraud management across the business
9. Continuously review the MTNU open API framework and ecosystem for potential exploits/flaws.
10. Maintain a fraud incidents, intelligence and losses database. Supporting with the dissemination of timely and concise intelligence to relevant teams across the GSM and Fintech environments
11. Perform root cause analysis of fraud incidents and follow through on implementation of agreed actions to ensure required improvement or resolution of weaknesses.
12. Prepare fraud risk alerts based on identified root causes for dissemination to other MTN operations.
13. Implementation of fraud trend analysis to ascertain emerging and existing fraud risk areas based on complete and potential loss data
14. Liaise closely with Uganda Police and monitor cases handed over to them for court processes ensuring that exhibits used in court are returned to MTN Uganda.
15. To conduct formal recorded interviews with suspects and witnesses in accordance with current legislation and codes of practice
16. To conduct witness interviews and take concise statements in accordance with current legislation and codes of practice
17. To take static and mobile surveillance as required, utilizing covert equipment where appropriate, in accordance with current legislation and codes of practice
18. Support in the performance of Fraud risk assessments and other proactive fraud risk management initiatives.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Telecommunications Engineering, Accounting, Finance or Information Technology.
2. Professional qualification in any of the following Forensics/Fraud examination/Information security Certifications; CFE, CFCE, CHFI, GCFA, CISM, CISA, , CEH
3. Experience in performing professional fraud investigations including the use of digital forensics tools e.g. Encase, FTK
4. Certification in Encase DF120-Digital Forensics Foundation
5. Certification in Encase DF240-Building an investigation
6. Experience in use of CAATs Preferably ACL
1. Technical working experience in the Fintech and GSM environment
2. Minimum of 3 years’ experience covering Fraud Detection, Prevention, and Investigations
3. Experience liaising/dealing with Law enforcement agencies
4. At least 3 years’ experience using Analytics techniques and tools i.e. Big Data analytics
5. Experience in high transaction digital environments
6. Previous exposure and experience using digital forensics software e.g. Encase
Other Training/ Skills and Competencies:
1. Strong analytical skills;
2. Excellent Interview, interrogation and listening skills
3. Data mining, extraction and analytics
4. Prior practical experience in occupational fraud investigations
5. Experience in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
6. Strategic understanding of the Telecommunications environment including Fintech.
7. Effective oral, presentation and written communication skills.
8. Exemplary Planning and Time Management skills.
9. Must have attention to detail.
10. Possess strategic thinking abilities
11. Mature persona with the highest degree of integrity, honesty and trust
12. High levels of confidentiality, Proven planning and organizational skills
13. Ability to maintain composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines
MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following Position.
Job Title: Officer – Learning & Development
Reporting to: Senior Manager- Learning & Development
Division – Human Resources
No. of Vacancies: 1
Mission/Core Purpose of the Job:
To provide support in the execution of the Learning and Development Funtion activities and overall coordination of the objectives as indicated in the Learning and Development Policy.
Main Job Functions:
1. Organize and coordinate the implementation of training within the organization.
2. Support the SM-Learning & Development with the Training Needs Assessments exercise for business in order to guide the training plan development that supports the various Business Unit strategies.
3. Drive the Development goals/PDPs generation & activation for the succession pool with support of the HRBPs for all employees.
4. Generate reports on the training activities carried out i.e., training attendance & training activity evaluation, MTN Learn usage etc. & provide input on training activities for the monthly reports e.g., HR activity reports, CEO reports, Group reports and board pack reports.
5. Coordinate and Organize timely staff induction programs.
6. Conduct training evaluations for trainings conducted and provide reports to the Senior Manager-Learning & Development to facilitate ROTI analytics..
7. Take ownership and management of training costs & monitor the utilization of the training budgets and provide status reports there of on a quarterly basis.
8. Own the new hire onboarding process & track as well as report on the 30.60.90 boarding activities and ensure they are conducted for each new employee as well as the Internal movements onboarding replica with the support of the HRBP’s
9. Drive the uptake, optimal utilization of the MTN Learn learning platform and all MTN Academy resources in order to augment the learning organization strategy at MTN Uganda.
10. Process Learning & Development related invoices to ensure timely settlement of our supplier obligations.
11. Ensure proper custody of Learning & Development equipment, maintenance control and of the Learning facilities
12. Provide first line MTN Learn support for employees on all their access and usage queries maintaining the 24hour service level.
13. Support the SM-Learning & Development in following-up and ensuring implementation of MTN Group HR programs and any other Strategic initiatives etc.
14. Carryout any other Learning and Development duties as prescribed from time to time by the Manager Learning & Development.
1. Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences or Education.
2. Post- Graduate training in Human Resources Management/Development is required.
1. 3 years experience in HR Management particularly in the Learning & Development function.
2. Experience in a multi-cultural/multinational company.
3. Exposure in a Telecommunications Organization desirable.
1. Customer Service Training
2. Training of Trainers(TOT).
3. Managing a Training Function basic Programme.
1. Good Knowledge on the execution of the Training function
2. Knowledge of Training delivery methodologies.
3. Good knowledge of how to create good Learning experiences
Skills / Physical Competencies:
1. Fluent in both written and oral communication.
2. Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
3. Excellent Planning, Organizational and Coordination skills.
4. Well developed Negotiation skills
5. Good Training delivery skills
6. Good presentation skills
7. Highly Tech Savvy
1. A good team player.
2. Proactive with high self-drive and motivation
3. Ability to work under minimum supervision.
4. Ability to work under pressure and meet stipulated deadlines.
5. Have high levels of integrity.
6. Ability to pay attention to detail and exercise accuracy.
7. Passion for & deep interest in people development here t at an individual, group and organisation level