To ensure the effective and efficient management of the Legal Unit through provision of legal advisory services and setting relevant standards to meet the expectations of PPDA stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participate in the review of the PPDA Act, 2003 and Regulations thereunder to strengthen the public procurement and disposal system,
2. Develop and review PPDA Guidelines and Circulars to improve efficiency and effectiveness in public procurement system,
3. Develop and review policies and procedures of the Authority.
4. Participate in developing/ reviewing Standard Bidding documents to Strengthen and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the public procurement and disposal system,
5. Draft and review contracts, Memoranda of Understandings and Addenda,
6. Provide legal guidance to the Authority, the Procuring and Disposing Entities and other stakeholders,
7. Review applications for accreditations and recommendations for suspensions for consideration by the Management Advisory Committee,
8. Represent the Authority in the Courts of Judicature,
9. Draft standard letters to facilitate review of investigations on the accreditations and suspension matters,
10. Schedule meetings with external parties in relation to accreditations and suspensions.
11. Prepare Board and Committee matters on matters incidental to the Department,
12. Provide secretarial services to the Management Advisory Committee,
13. Prepare periodical reports on the performance of the Department,
14. Undertake research on matters relating to the mandate of the Authority, and
15. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
1. Honours Bachelors’ Degree in Law,
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice,
3. Advocate of the High Court of Uganda, and
4. Possess a valid Practicing Certificate.
1. Four (4) years’ legal experience in provision of legal services, litigation and legal research and;
2. Knowledge of the PPDA Act, 2003 and Regulations there under.
Skills and Competencies
1. Strong leadership and managerial skills,
2. Communication and presentation skills,
3. Planning and organisation skills,
4. Excellent relationship management and communication skills necessary for interaction with Development Partners, Government of Uganda, the judicial system,
5. Result and team oriented,
6. Ability to work under pressure and under minimum supervision,
7. Ability to take and maintain an unwavering stand on issues; and
8. Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management on technical matters.
To provide reliable, timely and efficient records and information management services to support the Authority in the execution of its mandate.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain and ensure the proper implementation of a document classification, referencing system for use on all the Authority’s correspondences,
2. Support the proper management, custody, filing and disposal of the Authority’s records within the registry,
3. Identify the various needs of users of the registry services, propose physical or digital systems and ways to meet and satisfy the needs,
4. Undertake file census for head office and regional officers to establish state of records and track any missing or lost files,
5. Update and verify registry records management systems i.e. Entity Management System (App Server) with documents that are automatically pushed to the Electronic Document Management System for further storage,
6. Support staff in different sections and regions to access and use registry systems to create, access, store and organise their respective and the Authority’s critical records,
7. Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to time.
Honours Bachelors’ Degree in Library and Information Science or Degree in Records and Archives Management
A minimum of two (2) years working experience in a similar role or environment.
Skills and Competencies
1. Good Communication Skills,
2. Must have good computer skills,
3. Ability to operate a scanner, binding machine and photocopier ,
4. Must have sufficient knowledge of information and records handling and management,
5. Should have knowledge in filing systems, Archiving and disposal,
6. Should be able to apply records management policies, laws and guidelines,
7. Should be knowledgeable in any Electronic Document Management System,
8. God Customer care skills, and
9. Attention to detail.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Full time employee on a three year renewable contract, based on satisfactory performance.
Job application procedure
Candidates should submit an e-mail to email@example.com under the subject “Application for the position of Senior Officer Legal Affairs or Officer Registry and attach a duly filled application form downloaded from https://www.ppda.go.ug/opportunities/jobs/vacancies/ and the following
i. National ID,
ii. O-level Certificate
iii. A-level Certificate; and
iv. Transcripts and Certificates for Honours Degree, Post graduate qualifications or any other certificates. For Senior Officer Legal Affairs also attach a Certificate of Advocate of the High Court of Uganda, and a valid Practicing Certificate.
1. All attachments should be submitted as a single PDF document.
2. Applicants shall receive a notification of receipt for successfully submitted applications.