AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO based in Los Angeles, California, USA. AHF is registered in Uganda as AIDS Healthcare Foundation – Uganda Cares. AHF-Uganda Cares is collaboration between the Uganda Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation with a mission to provide cutting edge and free HIV and AIDS services, including antiretroviral therapy in resource constrained settings.
AHF – Uganda Cares to date operates in 23 districts including Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Kyotera, Lyantonde, Soroti, Lwengo, Luweero, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Kalangala, Masindi, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba, Nakasongola, Nakaseke, Buikwe, Ntungamo, Tororo, Kapelebyong, Gulu, Busia and supports 52 clinic sites country wide. The organisation now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the position below.
Medical Officer – Kalisizo Hospital
The position is based at Kalisizo Hospital in Kyotera district. .
The Medical Officer is responsible for providing HIV clinical care and mentorship in various AHF supported sites through conducting out-patient clinical reviews, diagnosis, and treatment for a variety of diseases and injuries in general medical practice and those conditions related to HIV and AIDS. The holder of this position will perform among others the following duties. Attends to HIV positive patients both in outpatient and in-patient setting
• Provides quality HIV care and treatment management leading to high client retention levels
• Reviews history and examines patient to determine general physical condition
• Requests or performs various tests, analysis of diagnostic images to provide information on patients condition and appropriate medical prescription
• Responsible for the timely and complete updates of charts for both new and continuing patients.
• This is a repetition of the third bullet Completes and documents treatment plans
• Provides the clients with adequate information related to the condition being treated, lab tests and other investigations and course of action.
• Provides technical support, mentorship and performance feedback to peripheral ART clinic staff.
• Implement MoH and AHF guidelines in providing HIV prevention, care and treatment services
Qualifications and Experience:
• Medical Degree (MBChB) or its equivalent from a recognized university/institution.
• Must be registered with the medical and dental practitioners’ council
• A minimum of 3 years of experience treating HIV positive patients.
• In-depth knowledge of antiretroviral Therapy as well as the current HIV prevention, care and treatment guidelines
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To be considered for this recruitment, please; Address your email application (Cover Letter and CV ONLY) to: email@example.com mentioning clearly Position and Location in the subject line. The email should not be larger than 2 MB any larger email will not be considered.
Address your hard copy application including telephone contact details to the:
Human Resources Manager,
AIDS Healthcare Foundation
Plot 54B Kira Road,
Deadline: Friday 09 April 2021 at 5:00pm
AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer