Forum for Women in Democracy is a non-partisan women’s organization operating in Uganda with its head office in Kampala. FOWODE grew out of the Women’s Caucus of the 1994 – 1995 Constituent Assembly (CA) that debated and passed the 1995 Constitution. The organization’s mission is to promote gender equality in all areas of decision making through capacity development, community empowerment, policy engagement and strategic partnerships.
Job Summary: The M&E Officer will provide oversight to FOWODE’s monitoring, evaluation and learning activities. S/he will also conduct project evaluations, assessments and document lessons learnt to enhance FOWODE’s interventions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Ensure the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan and follow up on the monitoring tools to actualize the plan.
- Provide technical support for the development of a comprehensive reporting framework and support staff to implement it.
- Put in place data management systems and mechanisms for data collection analysis to help monitor the development of key performance indicators according to the agreed upon monitoring framework;
- Review, monitor and analyse reports and assess all project outputs against project targets and activities to ascertain impact of FOWODE’s interventions. Highlight gaps and changes accruing from the different activities.
- Provide information and statistics for quarterly, bi-annual, annual, donor proposals and other reports.
- Support the documentation of lessons learnt and good practices and facilitate sharing across the organization and with partners in the country.
- Support staff in the promotion of internal mechanisms of enhancing knowledge generation and cross-learning
- Contribute to research initiatives and on the utilization of research findings to inform organizational programmes at all levels and promote the utilization of the knowledge generated.
- Take lead in the development of the annual report.
- Oversee and coordinate program evaluations by; developing ToRs, mapping relevant documents/data sources (primary and secondary) that can be reviewed and harnessed for programme analysis and learning purposes, among other things.
- Provide support for external evaluation and disseminate evaluation reports
- Support the development of the organisational annual and biannual performance reports, annual work plan and quarterly plans to operationalize the annual work plan;
- Coordinate periodical reviews, planning workshops and assist staff in preparing relevant program reports.
- Support in the generation of ideas during the development of concept notes and proposals to fundraise for the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences. A Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation is a Must. Certificate on use of statistical packages is an added advantage.
- At least three years of work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, preferably in a non-governmental organization.
- Experience in designing, planning and implementing M&E systems
- Possess relevant field experience and knowledge in development, monitoring and evaluation of community based projects
- Previous experience in designing M&E methodologies and tools and the ability to coach and train others in their use.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and critical thinking to evaluate best practices, challenges and solutions to improve program monitoring and execution.
- At least 3 years working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, preferably in a non-governmental organization
- Strong writing and organization skills for reporting on M&E and program results
- Facilitation / Training skills
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel) for technical purposes
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant academic documents to
Please ensure that your attachments do not exceed 5 MB.
We do appreciate your interest to work with FOWODE. However, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.