World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – SEEK project
Report to: Project Coordinator
Location: Kotido District
Purpose of the position:
The purpose is to support the project in systematic data collection and management of up to date databases for timely and evidence based reporting to ensure quality programming and accountability within the framework of World Vison and SEEK-project standards and guidelines. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will also provide a backstop for the implementation of the Sustaining Education Efforts in Karamoja (SEEK –Project) that aims to enroll and retain 15000 out of school children in 63 primary schools in Kotido and Kaabong districts by 2021.
- Effective data collection and management to ensure timely reporting and project decision making including project development documents (cash flows, DIP, Log frames, etc), LMMS quality assurance and validation
- Documentation and reporting including supporting school inspection, development of M&E tools, ToRs for evaluation studies, success stories, tracking of output and outcome progress, preparing quality Monthly management project reports, support in preparation for donor reports, among others.
- Capacity building of village education committees on how to identify, track and register out of school children to be enrolled in schools, identification and training of data enumerators on data collection process, data validation, entry and analysis.
- Conducting field visits to monitor progress activity progress, follow up visits on completed activities, and also conduct data quality check on the targeted beneficiaries.
- Liaise with the P&C in the recruitment and remuneration of data enumerators including preparing worksheets and follow up on their payment process.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- University degree in either monitoring and evaluation, development studies or statistical packages, development economics or social sciences with a minimum experience of 3-4 years in programming.
- Post graduate diploma in monitoring and evaluation is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of statistical packages and mobile data collection and analysis.
- Good knowledge and working experience of Karamoja context, a minimum of 3 years’ work experience as an M&E officer with a reputable organization.
- Should be a problem solver with high level of creativity and sensitivity to conflict
- Certificate in post graduate in monitoring and evaluation.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and spoken Ngakaramojong language.
- Valid riding permit.
- Strong demonstrable skills and experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong understanding of the child and adult safeguarding policy
- Good knowledge on education challenges in Karamoja Context.
- High level of reporting and documentation skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work in hard to reach context