MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following Position.
Job Title: Officer – Learning & Development
Reporting to: Senior Manager- Learning & Development
Division – Human Resources
No. of Vacancies: 1
Mission/Core Purpose of the Job:
To provide support in the execution of the Learning and Development Funtion activities and overall coordination of the objectives as indicated in the Learning and Development Policy.
Main Job Functions:
1. Organize and coordinate the implementation of training within the organization.
2. Support the SM-Learning & Development with the Training Needs Assessments exercise for business in order to guide the training plan development that supports the various Business Unit strategies.
3. Drive the Development goals/PDPs generation & activation for the succession pool with support of the HRBPs for all employees.
4. Generate reports on the training activities carried out i.e., training attendance & training activity evaluation, MTN Learn usage etc. & provide input on training activities for the monthly reports e.g., HR activity reports, CEO reports, Group reports and board pack reports.
5. Coordinate and Organize timely staff induction programs.
6. Conduct training evaluations for trainings conducted and provide reports to the Senior Manager-Learning & Development to facilitate ROTI analytics..
7. Take ownership and management of training costs & monitor the utilization of the training budgets and provide status reports there of on a quarterly basis.
8. Own the new hire onboarding process & track as well as report on the 30.60.90 boarding activities and ensure they are conducted for each new employee as well as the Internal movements onboarding replica with the support of the HRBP’s
9. Drive the uptake, optimal utilization of the MTN Learn learning platform and all MTN Academy resources in order to augment the learning organization strategy at MTN Uganda.
10. Process Learning & Development related invoices to ensure timely settlement of our supplier obligations.
11. Ensure proper custody of Learning & Development equipment, maintenance control and of the Learning facilities
12. Provide first line MTN Learn support for employees on all their access and usage queries maintaining the 24hour service level.
13. Support the SM-Learning & Development in following-up and ensuring implementation of MTN Group HR programs and any other Strategic initiatives etc.
14. Carryout any other Learning and Development duties as prescribed from time to time by the Manager Learning & Development.
1. Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences or Education.
2. Post- Graduate training in Human Resources Management/Development is required.
1. 3 years experience in HR Management particularly in the Learning & Development function.
2. Experience in a multi-cultural/multinational company.
3. Exposure in a Telecommunications Organization desirable.
1. Customer Service Training
2. Training of Trainers(TOT).
3. Managing a Training Function basic Programme.
1. Good Knowledge on the execution of the Training function
2. Knowledge of Training delivery methodologies.
3. Good knowledge of how to create good Learning experiences
Skills / Physical Competencies:
1. Fluent in both written and oral communication.
2. Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
3. Excellent Planning, Organizational and Coordination skills.
4. Well developed Negotiation skills
5. Good Training delivery skills
6. Good presentation skills
7. Highly Tech Savvy
1. A good team player.
2. Proactive with high self-drive and motivation
3. Ability to work under minimum supervision.
4. Ability to work under pressure and meet stipulated deadlines.
5. Have high levels of integrity.
6. Ability to pay attention to detail and exercise accuracy.
7. Passion for & deep interest in people development here t at an individual, group and organisation level
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested and Qualified, Click here to Apply