Job Role/ Purpose:
Implement strategies for managing internal and external communications to enhance information flow and media relations. .
• Implement identified strategies in the management of the media relations and in the dissemination of business information to the public through the media in line with the organizational guidelines.
• Compile updates on the different departmental activities such as Revenue performance data, Vacancies, requests for Bids, new procedures in place, cases won in court, etc. in preparation for public communication
• Receive, edit and proof read the various reports and information from the departments and reformatting them before submission to the media houses
• Book space with the selected media house, forward the information and receiving acknowledgement to confirm they receipt of the information
• Issue and confirm invitations to the planned events, obtain attendance lists to verify attendance for accountability purposes.
• Receive invoices for work done and forward to the respective departments for approval and payment processing
• Update the media account data base with all Information regarding information disseminated.
• Organize the URA planned and impromptu media engagements to disclose and explain issues arising
• Monitor and evaluate media relations through soliciting, obtaining and analyzing feedback on the strategies implemented
• Develop articles and materials on topical issues and submit to line manager for review and approval for dissemination
• Participate in Public relations campaigns to educate the public about emerging URA products and services to increase awareness and compliance
• Draft and submit a publicity plan to the line management for review and approval.
• Design campaigns materials e.g. articles, fliers, posters, review the designs & material
• Book selected media house and submit the approved materials for publication
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the media campaign through soliciting, obtaining and analyzing feedback on campaigns held
• Monitor and evaluate all media interactions/activities to identify issues concerning URA Business that may require special attention Open the case files in line with instructions from the supervisor
• Scan daily print and broadcast media to identify any issues concerning URA business that may require further management or staff awareness
• Draft responses on issues in the media that require URA response and liaise with the respective Media house or advertising agent in case of errors that require rectifying
• Maintain an updated database of all the URA related stories in the newspapers by scanning and filing hard copies
• Provide coverage and publication for internal events as assigned by the line manager
Good knowledge of the URA Operations
Special Skills and Attributes
• Excellent writing and reporting skills
• Negotiation skills, ability to build relations and networking
• Ability to deliver results with minimal supervision
• Ability to work well in a team
• The job holder must be highly innovative & creative
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Possession of good Interpersonal skills
• Keen interest in latest media trends
An honors Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Mass Communications from a recognized University
• Training in Public Relations
• Experience in a media relations specifically in a newsroom in a reputable organization
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please visit: https://ura.taleo.net/careersection/ext/jobdetail.ftl?job=210002R&tz=GMT%2B03%3A00&tzname=Africa%2FNairobi