Title: Officer-Trade Marketing at MTN
Reporting to: Manager-Trade Marketing
Division – Commercial
No. of Vacancies: 1
Level of work: 2 (13)
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
To support the Trade Marketing function as regards, Go-To-Market delivery support and ensure that all planned Trade Marketing activities are duly implemented. With the guidance of the Manager – Trade Marketing, ensures that the Company obtains value for money in its Trade Marketing initiatives.
Main Job Functions:
• Support in implementing the agreed short-, medium- and long-term Trade Marketing objectives.
• Provide administrative support on all cross functional issues affecting the Trade in the various regions, including reports and financials.
• Participate in tender meetings as a member and ensure that the trade marking interests are fully addressed.
• Advise on trade marking effectiveness through regular monitoring and reporting of execution and impact of all the trade marking activities to both Customers and the Company.
• Build and maintain healthy business relationships with all the trade and Marketing stakeholders and suppliers.
• Co-ordinate the resolution of Trade Marketing supplier complaints/problems including payment queries.
• Work hand in hand with the commercial team and other relevant stakeholders to share and incorporate feedback of planned Trade Marketing activities.
• Regularly search for information on competitor activity both internally and externally with suggestions on corrective responses
• Track expenditure lines of the trade marketing function against the approved budget and highlight areas of inefficiency and propose remedial actions.
• Perform any other function as may be delegated from time to time.
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA’s)
• Trade visibility of the MTN Mobile Money brand and propositions
• MTN Mobile Money brand presence and ensure sales at mass gathering that conform to strategy.
• Successful execution of the MTN Mobile Money trade marketing activities
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
A business degree (or its equivalent) with a bias to marketing, communications or a related field.
• At least 2 – 3 years’ working experience in a retail trade marketing environment.
• Ability to create market relevance and opportunities from abstract opportunities and conceptual plans.
• Overall market knowledge.
• Ability to track competitor market activities and strategic maneuvers.
• Understanding of FMCG market trends.
• Knowledge of MTN Mobile Money products and services.
• Basic financial literacy.
• A-Z of brand management
• Events and project management training
• Regular MTN Mobile Money Products and Services briefings
• Foundations of the Financial Industry in Uganda
• Team player
• Team leader.
Job application procedure
To apply visit: https://mtn.taleo.net/careersection/application.jss?lang=en&type=1&csNo=10140&portal=16105010207&reqNo=11809&isOnLogoutPage=true