The pharmacy technician will provide medication and other health care products to facilities. S/he will perform routine tasks to help prepare prescribed medication for patients; and supports pharmacological services by stocking, assembling, and distributing medications. S/he will supervise and provide oversight over the dispensers and continuously provide capacity building to the dispensers in health commodity management.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Coordinating project activities that involve the management and storage of Commodities including pharmaceutical supplies and medical equipment.
• Ensuring the availability of cost-effective, safe, efficacious and rational use of Pharmaceutical products.
• Strengthening the process of Logistics management of supplies in alignment With MOH guidelines.
• Ensure tracking and accountability for all medical and pharmaceutical Products as well as related supplies used by the health facilities.
• Support forecasting and quantification of supplies obtained from the warehouse.
• Support good storage and distribution practices at both warehouse and facilities.
• Prepare monthly reports and activity reports for both the donors and internally as IRC use and regular updating of the available Pharma inventory systems like Rx solution.
• Ensure capacity building of dispensers and staffs handling medications through regular updates on new guidelines and good pharmacy practices through regular mentorships and coaching sections.
• Plan, quantify, forecast and monitor usage of medicines and ensure rational use of drugs.
• Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; timely quantification and prepare orders for medicines; verifying receipt; and removing outdated drugs or expired inventory.
• Manage the physical receipt, verification and safe storage of drugs received at the warehouse.
• Maintain a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Have a Diploma in Pharmacy from recognized institution.
• Active Registration with the Allied Medical Practitioners Council with proof of practicing license.
• At least 2 years of experience in a NGO setting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication or interpersonal skills is a must.
• Proficiency in Computer Microsoft office applications; Word, Excel and Power point.
• Excellent communication skills and analytical skills.
• High level of integrity.
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/requisition/23633/application?c=rescue&jobboardid=1