THE HUNGRY EXCITING CAREER
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization currently operating programs in Asia, Latin America and Africa with support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, United States of America and Japan.
In Uganda since 1989, FH is operational in the Districts of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction, with the Head office located in Kampala, FH’s primary goal is to end all forms of poverty World-wide.
FH/Uganda is actively seeking for qualified candidates committed to its Heartbeat and Corporate Strategy to fill the career openings of
Program Area Manager
Position Type: Full Time National Staff
Location: Lamwo Field office
Reports to: Program Director
Contract Length: 2 year (Fixed)
Start Date: 1 October
The Program Area Manager comprehensively manages and coordinates the technical – human, administrative and financial) development, design, planning, implementation and evaluation of the Child Focused Community Transformation (CFCT) Model, local implementation plan in the area, ensuring the integration of all sectors and the transformational development of churches, leaders and families. The PAM role further involves the management of ALL grants operating in the cluster .
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Key Result #1: Ensuring proper and timely project activity planning, budgeting and execution based on the project’s document and set detailed implementation plans (DIP)
• Key Result #2: Liaison with Donor, Local Government Agencies, local NGOs and Religious Organizations
• Key Result #3: Program Administration/Finance
• Key Result #4: Personnel Management
• Key Result #5: Asset management and Stewardship Key Result #6: Coordination, Monitoring, and reporting of project activities
Job Skills: Not Specified
• University degree in Social works and social Administration, Agriculture, Project Planning & Management, Business Administration or other related disciplines in humanities
• A post graduate in project planning and management from a recognized institution.
• A minimum of 8 years’ practical field experience, working with communities and children Understand, respect and practice the set of organization’s shared vision, mission and values, including mutual respect, equity and justice, honesty and transparency, solidarity with the poor and marginalized people, sensitivity to gender and ethnic minority issues, courage of conviction, happiness, humility and Christianity
• To encourage full participation of the partners and beneficiaries, to have power sharing and empowerment for them in the program activities.
• To have the spirit of learning, moving forward and inculcating excellence within the team
• Ability to communicate clearly and demonstrate good interpersonal skills Leadership style that will develop the team with ability to train and mentor staff.
• Must have team-building skills, personnel management skills and child supervision skills
Job application procedure
Complete Job Descriptions are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
FHU is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply through the link http://126.96.36.199/fhugjobs/ not later than Monday 24th August 2020 at 4:30pm
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from FH by 1st October, 2020. FHU as a relief and development organization focuses on children, we strive to ensure that children are kept safe in all the areas we operate.
The organization further has a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign. Potential candidates will be required to provide information confirming whether or not they have ever been convicted of any child abuse crimes.