The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), was established by His Highness the Aga Khan in 1967. AKF is a private, not—for—profit international development agency that seeks to provide long–term solutions to society’s problems. AKF brings together human, financial, and technical resources to address challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world.
AKF has a special focus on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity, and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. AKF’s primary areas of focus are; Education; Early Childhood Development (ECU); Health and Nutrition; Civil Society; Agriculture and Food Security; and Economic inclusion.
AKF is committed to improving the quality of life of all boys and girls, women and men in the communities we work. To achieve this, AKF delivers multi—sector programming in the above sectors and assumes a holistic and systems approach ensuring all interventions are globally informed. locally rooted, are embedded in government and. community interests and structures, and work to promote social inclusion, equity, and pluralism.
About the Project
The AKDN East Africa COVID-19 Response Project will provide rapid response funds to various local Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to enable them to reach their most vulnerable constituents with support based on their emerging needs arising from the COVID—19 pandemic. The program will also provide a platform, comprising Human Centered Design workshops, flexible grants, and mentorship, to support young entrepreneurs to design innovative business solutions that will meet the medium to short term needs of the community emerging from the pandemic.
The 2.5year project will be implemented in Central and West Nile(Arua)regions of Uganda.
AKF invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacancies:
Title: Program Manager, AKDN East Africa COVID-19, Response program
Location: Kampala .
The Program Manager will provide overall leadership of the AKDN East Africa COVID-19 Response Programme in Uganda, and be responsible for the delivery of Pillar 1 in which CSO’s will receive subgrants and capacity strengthening support. The Programme Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the project is delivered in a coordinated manner, on time, on budget, with quality, and in compliance with internal and external donor compliance.
• Lead the implementation of the 2.5year program, ensuring the program is delivered on time and on budget and that the project meets the highest quality standards and best practice, and in compliance with the requirements of the donor, AKF policies, and relevant laws and regulations in Uganda.
• Lead a transparent process of identification and management of CSO partners to implement the rapid response funds to meet the emerging needs of their constituents, and provide capacity strengthening support
• Be responsible for the budget, ensuring that all project funds are fully accounted for and financial reports and documentation are accurate and in—line with project delivery
• Be responsible for programme reporting and donor compliance requirements, including the preparation and submission of the project annual work plans. evidence based annual and semi-annual narrative reports, and oversight of financial reports in compliance with the and AKF requirements.
• Ensure ail narrative and financial reports are submitted through AKF’s reporting structure on time and with quality
• Lead and mentor the project team, conduct regular performance appraisals and ensure that the team is supported to deliver on their tasks
• Ensure all project management processes comply with AKF’s gender and social inclusion and child and community safeguarding policies
Required Experience and Skills
• Graduate degree in social development or other relevant field is required and post—graduate qualifications are desirable
• Minimum of three—years’ experience at senior project management level is required
• Experience managing programs with through partners with subgrants is required
• Experience working with/building capacity of local Civil Society Organisations is required
• Experience with the Human Centered Design methodology will be an added advantage
• Strong inter—personal skills and ability to work collaboratively with internal teams and project and non—project partners
• Strong communication skills, written and oral, and fluency in English
• Strong leadership skills with diverse competencies in g organisation, multi—tasking, critical thinking, and M&E
• Working knowledge of ICT
Job Education Requirements: Graduate degree
Job Experience Requirements: Three years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click on the following link to apply www.akdn.org/careers . Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV including contacts of three references, by 19th March 2021.