Save the Children International is currently recruiting for a Program Officer-Health Systems Strengthening to be based in Bundibugyo Office. The Health Systems Strengthening Officer will be primarily responsible Promoting and strengthening health system management (HR, supply chain, information, leadership, governance, and accountability).
In close collaboration with the DHO’s office he/she will be responsible for the development of systems strengthening plans, monitoring and evaluating performance of these systems. He/she will ensure accurate documentation and reporting on District activities including training and monitoring. The Officer may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis and to coordinate district level activities on behalf of the MNCH program manager.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Experience and Skills
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in medicine or health related subject or higher diploma in either midwifery or nursing or equivalent accrued working experience. A Postgraduate training in public health, health systems strengthening, Reproductive Health and Gender, is an added advantage
• Minimum of five years working experience in MNCH related programming in Uganda (preferably with an International NGO).
• Work experience in Health Systems Management or as HR officer in a regional referral hospital is desirable
• Very good understanding of Uganda health care system and respective guidelines
• Good communication, coordination and diplomatic skills to work with district and community leadership levels
• Ability to make a systematic and innovative approach to district health system strengthening
• Good at working with crossing boundaries between leadership levels and health centres/community structures
• Skills and experience in training and mentorship of health facility-based health workers is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of the local languages used in the Respective District is needed.
• Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
• Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
• Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
• Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
• Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
• Excellent time management and planning capacity.
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wNjM3NC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20