Hunger Fighters Uganda, is WFP Cooperating Partners for General Food Assistance in Nakivale/Oruchinga and Kyangwali Refugee
settlements. HFU wishes to recruit staff/volunteers to fill the positions tenable in the GFA project implemented in ISINGIRO and Kikuube Districts.
Programme Support Assistant (02).
Reports: Head of Field office
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general program information, and assistance and/or research and conduct activities to support program and act
for supervisor in matters of administrative detail as required.
- Communicate program related matters and/or specific policy information related to department and assist in updating
and/or developing policies and procedures.
- Responsible for scheduling events such as seminars, workshops, interviews, facilities usage.
- Attend meetings of appropriate Committees as delegated, with ability to respond to questions concerning related office
issues, and to report meeting content to supervisor.
- Maintain confidentiality in communicating sensitive information and in handling confidential materials.
- Provide and/or supervise entry and retrieval of appropriate data, including invoices/payments related to areas of
responsibility, utilizing existing programs, and monitoring budgets as required.
- Operate required equipment to support assigned areas.
- Assist in budget planning processes and training as required.
- Assist in researching issues regarding compliance with government and other external regulations and assist with
compliance as required.
- Managing a filing system for record control of key documents.
- Maintaining supplies/logistics inventory and preparing requisitions for office supplies and equipment.
- Providing information and guide staff on administrative processes, procedures and requirements.
- Facilitate and support staff on logistical and administrative requirements such as travels, follow up on requisitions, etc. on
- Support staff on follow-up of internal communications and actions.
- Managing data bases for the Programme and/or organization.
- Perform any other task assigned to him or her by the relevant authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Position for Program Support Officer should have a Minimum a minimum of 3 years’ experience in humanitarian Support Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Public Policy, International Relations, Public Administration, Economics,
Business Administration, Social Sciences or any other relevant field.
- Previous experience in working NGOs is an added advantage
Applications should be addressed to
The Head of Human Resource,
Hunger Fighters Uganda,
P.O Box, 28175, Kampala.
Hand delivered to
Hunger Fighters Uganda
Mbarara Field Office at Nkokonjeru or /Head Office located
Hoima Road, about 200metres Off the Kampala Northern bypass,
Next to Africa Oil Station.
Interviews are scheduled 27th – 30th December 2019.
Note: HFU offers equal opportunities to both women and men