Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is part of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF-DWS), an international humanitarian and development agency.
LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF, Lamwo Sub Program seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative humanitarian / social and or community workers for the following vacancy.
Project Assistant-Child Protection- 01 position
Directly reports to-Child Protection Officer
Responsible for- Community Based Facilitator (CBF)/ structures.
Location-Palabek Settlement -Lamwo District
Duration 11 Months
Under the guidance of the Project Officer/Child Protection Officer, the project Assistant
is responsible for Prevention and response to child protection concerns and case management. .
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identify and interview separated children, unaccompanied children and other children-at-risk for the purpose of preparing Best interest procedures.
• Compile BID reports for submission to the BID Panel and effecting subsequent implementation of BID panel decisions.
• Promotes active community participation through involving beneficiaries, intermediaries and local leaders in the planning and implementation process or matters relating to protection of the rights of the children.
• Monitor outstanding individual cases and ensure timely updates are submitted, to Child protection Officer/Project Officer
• Submit CP data for entrance in to excel sheet/progress V4 and ensure documentation of child protection cases
• Conduct basic Counselling to children with protection concerns and their foster parents/caretakers,
• Regularly visits all beneficiary sites where project activities are undertaken and check on progress as well as Offer support through verifying existing caseload document challenges on delivery and utilization of protection inputs as directed by the officer in line with the international standards
• Ensure a strict adherence to the principles of Child Protection at all times, including respect for confidentiality and a child centered approach and to act in the best interests of the Child
• Identify children requiring more targeted services or case management and ensure to refer for appropriate Support
• Work with the Project Officer to initiate and coordinate the planning of the project Activities in liaison with other sectors, and ensure optimum utilization of project resources in conjunction with the Project Officer
• In collaboration with the Project Officer, liaise, consult and work in partnership and co-operation with stake holders in order to facilitate project implementation
• Collect and tabulate field data on project activities carried but on a regular basis, and undertake impact assessment using participatory approaches for all beneficiaries to determine the relevance and impact of the assistance offered.
• Regularly visit all project sites where activities are undertaken, check on progress, offer support and directions in line with the project objectives and as directed by the project officer
• Promote active participation mechanisms and community-based mechanism and community-based facilitators in-the planning, implementation and evaluation of the project activities as directed by the project officer.
• Assist the Project Officer to prepare periodical reports and work plans for Project activities and achievements in line with the requirements in the project documents.
• Carry out delegated responsibilities in the absence of the project officer;
• work with Project officer in making work plans, procurement plans, for the sector
• Work with CP Officer, in proposal development.
• Participate in recruitment of community-based facilitator.
• Supervision of community-based facilitators
• Assist with the provision of or coordinate the training of community-based facilitators necessary for the delivery of good quality activities.
Financial management /-Budget Monitoring & Control
• Work with Project Officer to develop accurate annual budgets and revisions for the sector as required.
• Ensure proper documentation for payments to project officer and finance.
Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
• Collect and tabulate field data on project activities carried out on a regular basis, and undertake impact assessment using participatory approaches for all beneficiaries to determine the relevance and impact of the assistance offered.
• Ensure regular monitoring of project activities in the field
• Write monitoring reports
• Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor
• Problem Solving and Decision-Making skills
• Ability to inspire and build capacity of community structures and community-based facilitators
• Good interpersonal Skills and excellent negotiation skills;
• Excellent English Language (both written and spoken);
• information Technology (MS Office and excel);
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
• Good team worker with good communication skills;
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, to remain flexible to a changing environment, and to make decisions independently
• Ability to work with children.
Education & Qualifications
• University Degree in Social Work, Social Sciences, Development Studies or other relevant field of study
• Proven knowledge and experience in developing and implementing community mobilization projects.
• At least two years’ experience in child protection work in an NGO especially in conducting BIDs/ BIAs for UASC and other Children at risk.
• Excellent report writing, communication and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of computer (excel and database) is a requirement,
Job Education Requirements: Degree in Social Work
Job Experience Requirements: two years
Job application procedure
Terms of Conditions
The successful applicant will Serve for the period indicated above with a possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Starting Date: immediate
Applications and detailed CV must include email address and telephone contacts of 3 referees. Hard copies should be submitted during working days, Monday to Friday (8:00am to 5:00pm) addressed to the Administrive/HR Officer, LWF Lamwo Sub Program and reach by close of business on 25th January 2020.
Please deliver at our Subprogram office in Lamwo-Palabek Kal.
LWF/DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, or religious affiliation. Female candidates possessing the above requirements are encouraged to apply. LWF/DWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries, Knowledge of the local
Language is a MUST and a VALID Ridding permit for all the Project Assistant position and valid driver permit for Driver Position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted