World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join our team in the position below.
Position: Project Officer Education – ABLE Project
Report to: Programme Manager
Location: Pader District
Purpose of the position:
Contribute to achieving quality education through addressing barriers to learning and supporting the roll out of best practices and models in a manner that promotes systems strengthening, partnership ownership and sustainability.
Project planning and implementation
- Plan and coordinate all district based project activities in consultant with the Education project coordinator
- Supervise and monitor ongoing school based project activities.
- Ensure quality in rolling out of education project models ensuring sufficient funds allocated to particular activities in annual plans
- Ensure that teachers and children are supported in breaking down models into simpler work breakdown structures for easy implementation
- Track and manage activity budgets and ensure timely and cost effective project implementation.
- Produce timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports
- Participant in project management meetings and reflection forums
- Support and participate in district education Advocacy initiatives
- Ensure cross cutting themes are mainstreamed in education project.
Technical support and training
- Develop a district capacity building plan and mobilize participants for capacity building
- Mobilization of and conducting trainings to build capacities on education models
- Provide mentoring and coaching to teachers and district staff to build local capacity for understanding and connecting with community linkages.
- Identify technical experts to train district and community groups
- Liaise with the project coordinator for technical support on improving quality education
Partnership and networking
- Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the District level.
- Mobilization of teachers and parents for project activities
- Participate and represent WVU in key technical working forums at district,
- Point of contact for consultation on issues to do with project education programming.
- Conduct advocacy campaigns for education in general and girl child education in particular
Documentation and Reporting
- Conduct school mapping and peer group mapping in preparation for project activities
- Effectively document all information related to project activities
- Responsible for capturing individual children attendance, performance and behavior indicators related to drop out of children
- Document good practices and project success stories and share them
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, social science or any related field
- 2 years practical experience in education programming
- Experience at working with youth and adolescents (including at risk youth) in schools
- Good Training facilitation and coordination skills
- Excellent monitoring documentation and evaluation skills
- Experience in conducting school mapping and report writing
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Highly motivated to achieve quality results and service
- Demonstrated accountability and integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively
- A good team player
- Ability to work with communities
- Willingness to stay upcountry