LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest/ for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to~reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda is part of the LWF World Service and we are currently supporting Congolese and South-Sudanese refugees living in settlements in the districts of Kamwenge, Adiumani. Moyo, Kyangwali and Lamwo respectively.
For more information about LWF World Service, please check; https://www.lutheranworld.org/WorldServirce
The LWF Uganda is looking for mature, qualified and experienced persons for the following position.
Job Title: Project Officer – Agronomy DINU LEWA Project (1)
Place of Assignment: Adjumani, Lamwo and Moyo
Reports to: Project Manager-DINU .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide appropriate extension sen/ices in crop production and management amongst smallholder farmers, focusing on diversification and intensification of agricultural production, and promoting integration into value chain activities;
- Organize. prepare and facilitate ToT and other trainings, as required, to selected community members on specific sustainable and environmentally appropriate agronomic practices.
- in collaboration with the District extension officers; provide support and monitoring post-training to ensure knowledge is appropriately cascaded to other interested members, and regularly monitoring the same in keeping with project requirements;
- Participate in designing, planning, and implementing innovative approaches to agricultural and value chain activities.
- Promote best practice technologies, appropriate for the environments of identified project livelihood zones, to encourage production of agricultural products having potential to increase household income, recommended dietary diversity and market share;
- Compile clear and accurate reports on key project inten/entions, project progress and other aspects, as required.
- Design, establish and manage appropriate project monitoring and evaluation framework for all DINU farm initiatives
- Ensure that all project activities are effectively and efficiently implemented as per the project document and donor guidelines
- Extract lesson learning from project implementation, and compile and share case studies with the organization and other project stakeholders as required.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualiﬁcations, Experience, Essential Skills & Technical Competencies Required
- Bachelors Degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, Entomology, or any other agricultural related field.
- Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management or Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage,
- A minimum of three (3) years oi relevant work experience, including experience on sunflower and sesame value chains, and working with local communities.
- Experience in farm equipment and mechanization
- Excellent interpersonal skills. proven networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills
- Proven sound judgment and decision-making and Computer literate in MS Office (Word. Excel, Outlook).
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years’
Candidates who are interested in the above jobs should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referees only through our recruitment email
firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title in the email subject