Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, the Store Manager supports the project’s logistics activities. This position requires frequent visits to the field in various districts during IRS implementation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure that commodities used in IRS campaigns are secure, accounted for, and safely stored at the project’s district-level stores.
• Receive, deliver, and register IRS commodities, and ensure that storage facilities at the parish-level are ready for IRS operations.
• Take stock of store inventory and prepare gap analysis for procurements.
• Supervise the parish storekeepers and ensure accurate record keeping.
• Ensure all documentation for IRS supplies and logistics are correct and updated.
• Mentor the District Supply Officers in logistics management.
• Participate in training of parish storekeepers in logistics management.
• Advise Logistics Coordinator and Senior Management on logistics and procurement needs.
• Participate in identification of stores and need for repair at parish level.
• Ensure that all pumps are maintained and serviced prior to IRS spray round.
• Ensure that all IRS waste is sorted, packed, and transported to the waste store.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics Management, Administration, or other relevant field, and 2+ years of relevant experience in warehouse and/or logistics management.
• Experience working with international development programs or USAID highly desirable.
• Excellent computer skills, computer software programs, including MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to coordinate well with personnel within and outside the project, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision. Fluency in English
Bachelor’s Degree + Two years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Use the link below to apply.