GIZ-RELAPU is a bilateral project of the Republic of Uganda and the Federal Republic of Germany Ministry by the German and Development (BMZ). RELAPU aims “to improve access to land as a key precondition for poverty and hunger reduction in rural areas for certain population groups, especially for women and marginalized groups, in Central and Eastern Uganda”.
GIZ- RELAPU received co—funding by the European Union for the implementation of a project component on improvement of Land Governance in Uganda on private Mailo in the districts of Mubende, Kassanda and Mityana in Central Uganda.
GIZ is recruiting Receptionist/ Administration Assistant with a strong background in administration to support the implementation of it’s programme.
Title: Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant- RELAPU
Reports to Head of Administration, GIZ RELAPU
Duty Station: Mityana ILGU Office
Contract duration: 1/06/201- 31/12/2021
Ref.NO: GIZ-RELAPU/R-AA/042112 .
• Liaising with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf oi the olfice by providing professional phone services, personally welcoming visitors and maintaining a high standard in the reception area.
• Performing reception and secretariat services on a daily basis.
• Manages daily office operations
• Managing ﬁre project office facilities
• Supporting the organisation of events and meetings
• Answers and accepts phone calls and messages and/or wards them
• Maintains a call back list of all incoming calls which cannot be taken by the relevant staff member
• Registers, documents and organises incoming and outgoing correspondence (e-mails, packages and personally delivered messages)
• Ensures deputation lorother staff members
• Ensures visitors are comfortable by offering newspapers, refreshments etc.
Office work and services
• Ensures creation andlor regular updating of a list of contacts and addresses (telephone, e-mail)
• Sorts and distributes incoming correspondence (e-rnail, fax, other official documents)
• Makes photocopies and scans documents if and when required,
Support to Administrative Experts
• Supports the preparation and organisation of events, meetings and activities in close collaboration with the stall members of the project (invitation letters, reservations, reimbursement of transport allowance and perdiem, etc.)
• Complies and organises information materials
• Labels files according to GIZ ﬁling system
• Fills lists and tables according to the specific instructions of the administrative expert
• Assists in preparing inventory lists
• Maintains record of service request
• Prepares invoices! receipts ready for stamping and have them signed by the responsible people
• Assists in the preparations for internal control
• Updates trainings, consultancy lists and databases as advised by the technical staff
• Prepares advance and refund calculations for work related trips
• Updates business cards to the contact list
• Regularly updates the fuel consumption of all project vehicles
• Checks the logbooks of all project vehicles
• Maintains the project office stock
• Assures facility management of the project office and initiates in accordance with management repairs, maintenance, etc.
• Prepares financial document (vouchers, receipts, etc.) to be delivered to the finance Manager
Other duties/additional tasks
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
• Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required. Special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the Team leader.
• Assists in and/or carries out other project activities and other tasks as assigned, e.g. focal point for Hill, gender, security, etc., if required.
• University Degree in secretarial studies, administration or any related field.
• At least 3 years‘ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge. additional competences
• Good working knowledge of IIC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Very good written and oral knowledge of English and Ateso languages. Kumam language of advantage
• Politeness and helpfulness in dealing with visitors
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed » corresponding measures are agreed with management
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to email@example.com Applications and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 18th April 2021. Please note: This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.