DFCU Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the vacancy of Regional Manager in our Chief Commercial Office to support our expansion strategy.
REPORTING TO: Head of Branch Distribution
Reporting to the Head of Branch Distribution, the role holder will implement and execute work plans with respect to Business growth, portfolio quality, customer experience, people management in the assigned region so as to achieve the regional set targets.
LOCATION: Any region
• Provide leadership and direction to the assigned Branches in order to achieve set targets for the region.
• Set branch targets for business growth (Liabilities, Assets, NII, Active accounts Profitability) and monitor performance to achieve set targets.
• Monitor and ensure compliance of set policies and procedures in branches under jurisdiction are adhered to ensure that they return acceptable audit and risk assessment ratings.
• Monitor the portfolio and liaise with branch managers to ensure that PAR and NPAs are kept within the acceptable levels.
• Communicate strategy changes to direct reports and non-direct reports and ensure that all strategies are executed, targets are set and signed off and periodical reviews happen on time.
• Monitor service delivery to ensure that excellent customer experience standards are maintained in the Branches.
• Conducting regular customer visits to enhance relationship management and retention and growth of the business wallet.
• Continually assess employee skills, identify gaps, and arrange training where needed, in consultation with the HR department.
• Plan, coordinate and monitor branch logistical needs like staff, capital items and operational materials in line with the budget and business needs.
• To set and agree targets for staff, review their performance regularly and take action to remedy under target performance.
• Work out a leave plan for the region, ensure its diligently followed and institute proper succession planning for business continuity.
• Assist Branch managers in the development, implementation, and support of branch training plans so that staff members are able to meet and/or exceed their individual performance targets.
• Liaise with the Branch Managers to identify and develop career path opportunities for staff within the regions.
• Liaise with Branch Managers to inculcate a culture of discipline in order to have a high performing team.
• Monitor performances, meet regularly with direct reports to discuss progress and barriers to performance success in order to manage outcomes.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
• 6 years working experience in a Bank with at least 3 years as a branch manager in a large branch.
• Manager function or related areas.
• Strong leadership skills.
• 4 years’ Experience in managing people.
• Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
• Good /high level engagement & negotiation skills.
• Excellent Credit Appraisal & Analysis skills.
• Good understanding of the SME Segment.
• Strong knowledge of the Bank’s products, systems, personal and business banking & corporate goals/objectives.
• Excellent Customer service, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
• Strong Industry and business acumen.
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Good leadership, performance driving & teambuilding skills.
• Good understanding of risk management and mitigation techniques.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills.
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Friday 2nd July 2021 to the email address indicated below;