Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kit gum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming
SCOPE OF WORK:
To provide quality nursing services and public health care interventions to patients and the community.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES.
• Receiving patients, registering admissions, discharging and deaths;
• Providing treatment to patients;
• Maintaining a clean and health environment for patients;
• Preparing and carrying out sterile procedures and disposal of medical wastes;
• Participating in bedside nursing procedures as a member of the caring team;
• Participating in Doctors/Clinical Officers Ward rounds
• Preparing patients for meals and sensitize them on the recommended diet;
• Imparting knowledge and skills to health support staff and trainees;
• Compiling daily Ward reports and hand over to in-coming shift leader; and
• Managing and accounting for allocated resources
• Supervising enrolled nurses.
• Conducting any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
• Provide regular feedback to the Clinical officer and/or Medical Officer on clinical care of patients.
• Assist in preparation of donor reports;
• Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
• At least two years of working experience in a similar field.
• Excellent communication, leadership, customer service, interpersonal skills and respect for and receptivity to other cultures.
• Must have a diploma in nursing from a recognized Institution.
• Must be registered with Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council
Skills and Abilities
• Having concern for quality and standards, and ethics and integrity;
• Good communication skills;
• Ability to enhance good interpersonal relationship;
• Good report writing skills;
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Use the link to apply: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/12042?c=rescue