Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through promotion and coordination of Education and Training opportunities for refugees and people affected by conflict. Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister. With funding from UNHCR, WIU seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following position:
POSITION: RESEARCH AND INNOVATION OFFICER
LOCATION: Head Office, Kampala
Job Purpose and Scope:
The main role of the Research and Innovations Officer will be to contribute to the coordination activities required for research projects undertaken by WIU, and to the implementation of research activities led at European level within the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Research and Innovation Officer will perform the following functions: –
- Develop and implement a research agenda in line with the strategic focus of the organization
- Identify opportunities for action research that WIU can participate in and present these to the Head of Department.
- Draw up implementation maps for approved research ventures and lead research teams
- Lead the organization in the preparation of research abstracts and publication of organizational research findings
- Identify knowledge gaps within WIU projects as well as sector specific gaps and suggest how these can be filled within action research.
- Participate in conceptualizing, designing and implementing action research projects in WIU
- Prepare informed and standard research papers with guidance from supervisor and support from the
- Monitoring and Evaluation team
- Establish and maintain linkages with institutions of learning with the aim of strengthening the WIU Research function
- Train and mentor staff on research methods and report writing
- Present research findings in internal or external meetings when called upon.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must have a University degree in social sciences, development studies, economics, or any other relevant field;
- Post-graduate qualification in relevant fields will be an essential requirement;
- A minimum of 3- years serving in a university, higher education learning institution, research facility and/or Non-Governmental Organisation with a research led focus.
- At least 3- years of demonstrable post-graduation experience linked to research activities,
- preferably conducted in an international context is desirable;
- Clear understanding of research processes and methodologies;
- Very good command of English
- Strong interpersonal skills, supporting a tactful and collaborative approach;
- Demonstrate commitment to organization’s values and principles.
- Knowledge of, and relevant experience with, statistics and statistical software
Applications must be addressed to
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda;
P.O BOX 24230,
- Submit your application (letter of expression of interest, updated CV, copies of academic documents- ALL in
ONE document) not larger than 2MB to the email address; email@example.com
- Physical Delivery of applications can also be made to
Uganda located on
Nagawa Close- Mawanda Road,
Windle International Alumni who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply
Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and
black listed. Human Resource Manager Windle International Uganda